GT signing day update ...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Getting Griffin is awesome! That said, aren't all the complaints about us already having something like 13 RBs? And don't folks expect us to take one of our remaining 4*s in BJS and move him to running back as well?

Of all our positions, I thought Benson, Mason, and Howard would be more than sufficient. Definitely happy. And I guess you take whatever 4* you can get. Just doesn't seem like a position of immediate roster need when considering balance.

Griffin could get a shirt.

slugboy

Staff member
It's not a "starter/depth chart" thing anymore--either ATL or BTL.
(Above The Line/Below The Line).

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It's not apples-to-apples, more like apples-to-mouldy-oranges. But we should feel even better looking at how Louisville finished out (~92nd per Rivals). Miami also, they dropped from #6 last year to ~35th, even though Richt left after early signing day. This class is about as good as any we've had in the last decade. Considering it's a transition year, that's really really amazingly good. (Credit both staffs and the AD for a successful transition.)

slugboy

Staff member
It's not apples-to-apples, more like apples-to-mouldy-oranges. But we should feel even better looking at how Louisville finished out (~92nd per Rivals). Miami also, they dropped from #6 last year to ~35th, even though Richt left after early signing day. This class is about as good as any we've had in the last decade. Considering it's a transition year, that's really really amazingly good. (Credit both staffs and the AD for a successful transition.)
Miami did sign a 41-year old punter, so he could live closer to his son: https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo.../18213493/louis-hedley-miami-punter-australia

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The highest ranked class for the previous staff was 39th. Had low 40's a couple of times as well.

Posted this before, haven't updated. CPJ had several classes right around 40th. CCGs were mostly much worse (2007 the big outlier). This year will be right about in line with the 2010 & 2015 classes coming off really successful seasons. I was [am] skeptical of CGC's hype on recruiting. But early results look promising.

upload_2018-8-11_8-50-14-png.3915

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is a conversation for another thread ... so I hope you get in trouble for derailing and not me :D ... but I'd say that's a major factor but not an automatic. Said another way, I think a group of "poor quality" students can be saved.
Yep. What turned my head around on this was moving to Massachusetts for a few years. Inner city parents and kids were as problematic as any I've ever seen anywhere yet the schools were top notch and effective. There is a reason Massachusetts schools get rated tops in the nation.

Milwaukee

Banned
Kirby Smart on Finebaum live:

"We're a top 15 public university in the entire nation and we're very proud of our degrees"

"The Super Bowl being held in Atlanta helped us altogether, with us having the most players in the Super Bowl between the 2 teams and IT WAS IN ATLANTA WHICH IS OUR HOME BASE, it was a tremendous week for us"

He's trying to throw shade at the new staff?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The group at running back
Benson
Mason
Howard
Malloy
Amerson
Griffin

Man that’s depth. I didn’t even mention the ab’s.