GT Bowl Projections

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If we are playing in the gator bowl I really hope LSU gets the citrus and we get to play Florida. I wanted to play auburn but it looks like they will be in the sugar bowl.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
So GT is likely going to Gator. It's between us and Miami. Barring a UF upset, we would play Kentucky. This comes from the president of tax Slayer.

Animal02

Banned
Right now I'm saying we're in the Tax Slayer

SEC does something similar with divvying up the teams internally. Alabama is in CFP no matter what, Florida or Auburn will end up in Sugar and Citrus no matter what. So actually that leaves:

Tennessee
Georgia
LSU
A&M
Arkansas
Kentucky
South Carolina
Vanderbilt

SC and Vandy will be the last two, so Bimingham and Independence. I think it's safe to safe Tennessee is out because of the first game next year, and Georgia is out because we just played them. So LSU, A&M, Arkansas, or Kentucky.

Honestly I think it will be A&M or Arkansas. Any preference if it plays out like that?
Alabama is not in if the pull a Louisville vs Houston :cool:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, I've already booked my hotel room for Jacksonville. Y'all can speculate all you want. I've made my call.

I've already booked my room in St Paul MN through the 28th. Any chance we play in MN? (tic) After all the travel, I think I just want to be home with my TV and keg for our game.

I'm pulling for Clemson and Florida. Clemson for the ACC tie in. Florida since it would be so much fun to watch the contortions /rationalizations / lamentations of SEC / Bama fans.

And of course Navy over Temple and Navy over Army the following week. That would give Navy a pretty decent bowl. http://www.atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_23.html

Animal02

Banned
I've already booked my room in St Paul MN through the 28th. Any chance we play in MN? (tic) After all the travel, I think I just want to be home with my TV and keg for our game.

I'm pulling for Clemson and Florida. Clemson for the ACC tie in. Florida since it would be so much fun to watch the contortions /rationalizations / lamentations of SEC / Bama fans.

And of course Navy over Temple and Navy over Army the following week. That would give Navy a pretty decent bowl. http://www.atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_23.html
I am in Minneapolis right now......the locals are complain how warm it was yesterday......30s.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If we are playing in the gator bowl I really hope LSU gets the citrus and we get to play Florida. I wanted to play auburn but it looks like they will be in the sugar bowl.

I don't think there's a very good chance this happens. The SEC selection works like this:

1. CFP if selected
2. Sugar Bowl - SEC Champ. If champ goes to CFP, next highest ranked team
3. Citrus
4. - a bunch of tier 2 bowls assigned by the conference and the schools

Alabama is in the CFP no matter what. Sugar Bowl then will go to Auburn unless Florida somehow wins the SECCG or jumps Auburn in the CFP rankings. Citrus then gets the next pick...it's not assigned by the conference. I think the Citrus Bowl selects Florida with that pick given the location. They'll be guaranteed to sell every ticket in that scenario, so I think that's the route they'd go.

If Florida plays Alabama close they could possibly jump Auburn in the CFP rankings and get the Sugar Bowl. I could see the committee doing that, but I think Alabama is going to blow them out.

Of course, if Florida wins, they get the Sugar Bowl no matter what...then the Citrus would select from the rest of the pool and might take LSU.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Alabama is not in if the pull a Louisville vs Houston :cool:

Unfortunately, they are no matter what. You think a 10-2 Michigan gets in over 12-1 Alabama? No way. They could start their scout team and get steam rolled by Florida and still get in at this point.

upload_2016-12-2_8-11-1.png

Animal02

Banned
Unfortunately, they are no matter what. You think a 10-2 Michigan gets in over 12-1 Alabama? No way. They could start their scout team and get steam rolled by Florida and still get in at this point.

View attachment 2081
Disagree ...if they were to get blown out like Louisville did, there is no way the get in. Close/ last second loss would be different. The winner of the B10 would jump in before Mich.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I agree that that is what should happen, but there's 0 chance that happens.

I hope it does though. That guarantees 8-team playoff next year.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Disagree ...if they were to get blown out like Louisville did, there is no way the get in. Close/ last second loss would be different. The winner of the B10 would jump in before Mich.

That would actually blow up the entire bowl picture too. Florida to Sugar. Alabama to Orange. Two Big10 teams in CFP, third to Rose Bowl. ACC out of Citrus...it'd get all sorts of messaged up. We'd end up in a terrible bowl game, probably.

I think if anything then Alabama would push Ohio State out.

Jmonty71

Banned
I disagree, with your disagreement. Ha! Did you like that??? Personally, ESPN will have a cow! There will be a SEC team in the playoff. That's a guarantee. Too much money invested in the SEC, for that to not happen. Money drives the ship. It's not about the best team. It's about money, ratings and putting arses in the seats. The NCAA is all about money. That is why big time programs get away with things. Look at USC... They should of gotten the death penalty, like SMU. Instead Reggie Bush loses his Heisman. The kid was 18.... Got promised all this and his mom a free house? Of course he took the deal. Why punish Bush? The school did the deed. Instead they get a SMALL percentage of scholarships taken and 2 years bowl ban. That was absolutely nothing. GT has a player accept a 50 dollar shirt and all holy hell rains down. See the difference?