GT Bowl Projections

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to play Kentuck :cry::cry: I want an opponent that if we win, we will get credit in the college world. If we lose people say we are no good and if we win people say well it was just Kentucky. That's not a hit at Kentucky but they aren't known for their football. Maybe Florida will drop in the bowl rankings and we will get them.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
How shocking is that eh, hearing that they would get one of the 5-7 bowl invites. Who'd have ever guessed that Mississippi State of all places would have a high APR score? Didn't think they could spell "academic" in Mississippi, let alone make any progress toward it.
Hell, I'd be suprised if they can spell APR

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess we take what we can get, but Kentucky seems like a nightmare matchup. They have no standing, having played decades of bad football. 6-6 record, rankings no where in sight.l But they appear to be a good football team at this point. Most of their six wins were in the second half of the season, and then they beat Louisville. So we play a tough team and get little out of it if we win.

slugboy

Staff member
Can Tennessee go to tax slayer after playing their 2 years ago or is there a 3 year rule that keeps them out?

Only rules are ticket sales and ratings. If Tennessee could deliver both every year, they'd get picked every year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jmonty71

Banned
Per my contact at ESPN, GT is in the Gator vs. Kentucky. I figured the Gator would pick Miami. But, no... not per him. Well, we'll see.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Per my contact at ESPN, GT is in the Gator vs. Kentucky. I figured the Gator would pick Miami. But, no... not per him. Well, we'll see.
the Russell Athletic Bowl will want a FL team and with FSU going to the Orange Bowl they'll pick Miami unless they really want to set up the Pitt WVU Backyard Brawl

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess we take what we can get, but Kentucky seems like a nightmare matchup. They have no standing, having played decades of bad football. 6-6 record, rankings no where in sight.l But they appear to be a good football team at this point. Most of their six wins were in the second half of the season, and then they beat Louisville. So we play a tough team and get little out of it if we win.
Totally understand what you are saying. And Would say that we get another win getting to 9 wins plus it will be another win AGAINST ANOTHER SEC team. 3 in one season!! Should be motivation enough