Good TV Shows?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haven't watched all of the episodes, but The Chef Show on Netflix has been enjoyable, if you like food shows.

The premise grew out of Jon Favreau's movie "Chef" and is now on the road with his chef consultant, Roy Choi, checking out a bunch of cities.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Peacone’s Top 15

1-Justified (Fx) -Finished
2-GoT (Final season was weak but the journey was great) (HBO)-Finished
3-The Wire (HBO)-Finished
4-The Sopranos (HBO)-Finished
5-Deadwood (HBO)-Finished with a garbage movie
6-Breaking Bad (AMC)-Finished
7-Banshee (big time guilty pleasure) (Cinemax)-Finished
8-SoA (FX)-Finished
9-Strike Back (Cinemax)-Finished
10-TWD (AMC)-Ongoing but declining rapidly
11-House of Cards-(Netflix)-Finished-garbage final season.
12-Goliath (Amazon)-Ongoing
13-Luke Cage (Netflix)-Cancelled
14-Sneaky Pete (Amazon) Cancelled
15-Rescue Me (FX)-Finished

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Peacone’s Top 15

8-SoA (FX)-Finished

Is 16-20 the Real Housewives of [insert city]? Smart to cut off at 15, if so.

You catch any of the other Marvel shows. Jennifer Jones season 1 was decent.

I watched that show Hanna. Was ok.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Is 16-20 the Real Housewives of [insert city]? Smart to cut off at 15, if so.

You catch any of the other Marvel shows. Jennifer Jones season 1 was decent.

I watched that show Hanna. Was ok.

Yeah I liked the Marvel shows. I thought Luke Cage was the best. Really enjoyed the villains in both seasons

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haven't watched all of the episodes, but The Chef Show on Netflix has been enjoyable, if you like food shows.

The premise grew out of Jon Favreau's movie "Chef" and is now on the road with his chef consultant, Roy Choi, checking out a bunch of cities.

Finished it and it was really enjoyable. Laid back without anything fancy.

In other shows, after a slow start, Jessica Jones is rounding out pretty well about 2/3 through.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've still got so much to catch up on, but any one check out Legion? I'm hoping the final season goes well.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
No one here has mentioned Person Of Interest.

Ran 5 seasons, I loved Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson and found the storyline of AI taking over to be intriguing. No other POI fans out there?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I really liked the first 3 seasons. Once they introduced "dueling" AI I lost interest.
The problem with 90% of the series I've watched. It reminds me of reading "David Copperfield" in middle school. It became interminable to me and then the teacher told us that Dickins was writing a serial piece for a publication that paid by the number of words he used.

Most Netflix series strike me as adding seasons and plot twists just to spread it out and not because they have a clear creative and artistic vision. I'm picking on Netflix here, not because all series are exclusive to them but because theirs tend to go south more consistently and more rapidly than others.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
No one here has mentioned Person Of Interest.

Ran 5 seasons, I loved Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson and found the storyline of AI taking over to be intriguing. No other POI fans out there?

Yes. Good show as well. Though it got a little too "Prison Breaky" for me. Went deeeeeeeeep into the rabbit hole.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone mentioned "Designated Survivor"? I was stunned when it was cancelled. Netflix has picked it up and has made new shows, but I don't use Netflix.

Losing the four Marvel shows (well, 3, I thought Iron Fist was just...awful) as well as House of Cards along with no longer having 30 Rock or Archer has taken down the level of content on Netflix. I find myself searching for something more than acutally watching anything on there during hte past year.

Ive been deep on Hell's Kitchen on the "Pluto TV" app. Its a free app that has some content on it. I don't typically do reality TV but Hell's Kitchen and Top Shot both hooked me.

slugboy

Staff member
I've still got so much to catch up on, but any one check out Legion? I'm hoping the final season goes well.
I'm still back on season 1.
Also, I liked the first season of "The Strain", but it's not something I could watch around the kids. I'd have to think it went downhill, but it started well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Losing the four Marvel shows (well, 3, I thought Iron Fist was just...awful) as well as House of Cards along with no longer having 30 Rock or Archer has taken down the level of content on Netflix. I find myself searching for something more than acutally watching anything on there during hte past year.

Ive been deep on Hell's Kitchen on the "Pluto TV" app. Its a free app that has some content on it. I don't typically do reality TV but Hell's Kitchen and Top Shot both hooked me.

Top Shot still airs? Where?

slugboy

Staff member
I'm still back on season 1.
Also, I liked the first season of "The Strain", but it's not something I could watch around the kids. I'd have to think it went downhill, but it started well.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Peacone’s Top 15

8-SoA (FX)-Finished

I enjoyed the first season of Luke Cage. However, when I watched the first few minutes of the second season I realized that I would have to watch the Defenders to understand it. I assume that to watch the Defenders I would need to watch the appropriate seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist that came before Defenders. That seemed to be too much hassle.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Finished 3rd season of Jessica Jones last week. Starts a bit slow, but ended pretty strong.

With that, Marvel/Netflix is at an end.