Good TV Shows?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Punisher on Netflix is really good, imo. I also liked "Frontier" and am watching "Wanted" now. I just started watching "Squizzy" on Amazon Prime, and that seems pretty good as does "Informer."

So, maybe just go with 1 word titles of 2 or 3 syllables.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It's on my to watch list.

RE True Detective Season 2: I think the criticism of it is a bit overblown. Still a good watch but certainly not in the same league as Season 1 and Season 3 so far. Probably not really deserved of the True Detective name but I can't say it was that bad.

Also should probably throw out a recommendation for Californication if you need a good Man-Drama to watch. I loved that show. I'm currently working my through Six Feet Under now. I can't tell if it's a good show or not but somehow I'm sucked in. It's certainly different which I like.

Yeah I think, if season 2 was called something else, I wouldn't be so down on it.

I also liked 'The Night of' which felt more like a True Detective-y show.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Six Feet Under was very good. It had its soap opera like moments that kept it from being excellent. It had a lot of thought provoking aspects and the best ending of a serialized show ever.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Just finished season 2, was solid but I felt like I got nothing out of it. Season 3 is solid so far, got my theories

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Agree that True Detective season 1 was one of the best ever, imo. Season 2 a complete bust.
Agree that The Wire is awesome. I still think Breaking Bad was the GOAT.
Homeland was good season 1 and maybe season 2. Season 3 was meh and then I lost Showtime.
Veep is awesome. Love it. Eastbound and Down for more hilarity.
Westworld season 1 was great. Not so much a fan of season 2.
Man in the High Castle is interesting (Amazon Prime).
Heard Barry is good but haven't started. Any thoughts?
Game of Thrones. Good show. Overrated. Don't @ me. The end.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Forgot about Homeland. First 3 seasons were definitely the best but I'm still sucked in. Last season was a great return though so I'm looking forward to the final season.

I certainly thought Breaking Bad was up there towards GOAT status but it didn't permanently damage my inner being like The Wire did. Season 4 of The Wire is quite possibly the greatest season in television history.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It's on my to watch list.

RE True Detective Season 2: I think the criticism of it is a bit overblown. Still a good watch but certainly not in the same league as Season 1 and Season 3 so far. Probably not really deserved of the True Detective name but I can't say it was that bad.

Also should probably throw out a recommendation for Californication if you need a good Man-Drama to watch. I loved that show. I'm currently working my through Six Feet Under now. I can't tell if it's a good show or not but somehow I'm sucked in. It's certainly different which I like.
Six Feet Under is one of my all time favorites.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Ray Donovan was alot better than i was expecting.
Strike Back is another one that is fun to watch. not much plot or anything but alot of fun
Homeland - agree the first 3 seasons were great. took me forever to watch after that but i finally did and it really did get alot better
Star Trek Discovery
The Last Kingdom
Titans - Was surprised by this one. its alot of origin episodes in the first season. hopefully season 2 picks up for a more complete story arc over a season

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Then there are all the shows that started out with promise and just fizzled out. A few that come to mind....
The Walking Dead
House of Cards
Orange Is the New Black
Masters of Sex

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I’m really surprised no one has mentioned The Expanse (sci fi channel and now on Amazon Prime TV). Takes a few episodes to get going, but then it just gets better and bettrt
Watched season one, and it was so good I went online and ordered all the books. They’re even better than the TV series, and a very accessible read. No dense prose like the Game of Thrones series.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Dang. After watching the finale of the Americans, now I get the feels when I hear U2 With or Without You. :(

Dangit, I'm still a few episodes away.... I've had "Twilight Zone" by Golden Earring stuck in my head ever since I saw season 3 (or 2?)

"I am the Night" on TNT is intriguing so far. Not enough episodes to figure out how good it is yet.