Good TV Shows?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Dangit, I'm still a few episodes away.... I've had "Twilight Zone" by Golden Earring stuck in my head ever since I saw season 3 (or 2?)

"I am the Night" on TNT is intriguing so far. Not enough episodes to figure out how good it is yet.
Is that the show with Chris Pine?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We have the book club and the movie club, how about the Television Club?

I spent the weekend Podcasting, doing yard work.....and watching the most recent season of "Sneaky Pete" on Amazon. I enjoyed it. I liked it more than season 2.

slugboy

Staff member
Good Omens on Amazon Prime is good so far.
The Tick was great, but no season 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Has anyone watched Fleabag on Prime? I've heard good things.

I never watched The Office in a meaningful way, but spent the past 10 days watching a lot of it.

Also started watching Love Death + Robots on Netflix, which has been interesting.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Mindhunter on Netflix

Story of the FBI agents who created the term serial killer. Basically the first guys to study these types of criminals.
Really good but I feel like I've been waiting 3 years for season 2.

Two other good series that are also dragging on for years between seasons are "Better Call Saul" and "Get Shorty."

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Really good but I feel like I've been waiting 3 years for season 2.

Two other good series that are also dragging on for years between seasons are "Better Call Saul" and "Get Shorty."

Taboo with Tom Hardy as well.

Waiting on season 2 for about 2 years and they arent even going to start filming until later this year.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Best of all time was House
House was good.

Some time we should do a list of all the series we started, got tired of and gave up on. Netflix alone has hundreds of very mediocre series. Read somewhere that their business model is to create a lot of shows that do not require close attention to detail because millennials like to have shows on that they can watch while texting. TV as background which is not new.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
House was good.

Some time we should do a list of all the series we started, got tired of and gave up on. Netflix alone has hundreds of very mediocre series. Read somewhere that their business model is to create a lot of shows that do not require close attention to detail because millennials like to have shows on that they can watch while texting. TV as background which is not new.

Bloodline
Stranger Things
Better Call Saul (ive tried, at least 3 times)
Six Feet Under
Rome

This is also interesting because Amazon is catching Netflix with original content in my opinion. Sneaky Pete is really good. I also really like Goliath and I watched the first two episodes of "Bosch" last night. Im a Titus Welliver fan. Although watching Jamie Hector try to play a cop is a pretty big mind****

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Better Call Saul works for me because Breaking Bad becomes a kind of back story for it. How Saul "broke bad" is poignant and tragic for me because he never catches a break and his family history created such a maladaptive coping system.

Six Feet Under is such a dark meditation on life as "sound and fury signifying nothing." Like a Greek tragedy we pull for humanity even as the gods decree a different fate. But like "Madmen," and others I could name, if you don't start to care about the characters it won't work.

Shows where I just quit caring about the characters, and quit watching, are legion:
Weeds
Orange is the new black
Masters of sex
House of cards
Walking dead
Maniac
Etc etc

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Better Call Saul works for me because Breaking Bad becomes a kind of back story for it. How Saul "broke bad" is poignant and tragic for me because he never catches a break and his family history created such a maladaptive coping system.

Six Feet Under is such a dark meditation on life as "sound and fury signifying nothing." Like a Greek tragedy we pull for humanity even as the gods decree a different fate. But like "Madmen," and others I could name, if you don't start to care about the characters it won't work.

Shows where I just quit caring about the characters, and quit watching, are legion:
Weeds
Orange is the new black
Masters of sex
House of cards
Walking dead
Maniac
Etc etc

Weeds just got really dumb.
OITNB agreed.
House of Cards was great until the final season
Walking Dead. Yeah I almost watch it out of Habit now. I have really gotten into FTWD though.

I’ll add Homeland to your list as well. I got to a certain point and it just went blah.

One show that loved when it was on was House of Lies. I loved that show.