Good TV Shows?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
One show I somehow forgot to mention is “Power” on Starz which is about to air its final season. Based around a drug dealer who purchases a nightclub and attempts to go straight and ends up being in love with a SDNY AUSA.

Are any of you watching "The Terror - Infamy" on AMC. The first season (last year, and simply called "The Terror") was a horror drama series based on the 2007 novel of the same name, a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition to the Arctic in 1845–1848. It was very engaging. This second season centers on a Japanese-America family as they deal with the effects of WWII on Japanese-Americans while an unsettled spirit terrorizes their internment camp. They could leave out the supernatural elements, and it would still be a very interesting account of the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII, but I guess the supernatural stuff keeps it moving.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Are any of you watching "The Terror - Infamy" on AMC. The first season (last year, and simply called "The Terror") was a horror drama series based on the 2007 novel of the same name, a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition to the Arctic in 1845–1848. It was very engaging. This second season centers on a Japanese-America family as they deal with the effects of WWII on Japanese-Americans while an unsettled spirit terrorizes their internment camp. They could leave out the supernatural elements, and it would still be a very interesting account of the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII, but I guess the supernatural stuff keeps it moving.

No.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Several episodes in to Carnival Row on Amazon Prime Video and enjoying it so far.

Finally got through Season 3 of Preacher and looking forward to catching up on the final season.

Watched an Amazon Prime Video trailer for a newly released show called Undone that looks interesting.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Recently watched “The Boys” on Amazon. For the most part...it was fine.

Couple of things..

I am growing so tired of everything having the sexist, racist agenda. There are a couple of scenes where I just rolled my eyes. We get it, white men are the devil. We are relentlessly racist and should be eradicated post haste.

As a “Banshee” superfan, I didn’t particularly care for Anthony Starr being cast in the role of Homelander. The Lucas Hood character has probably ruined Starr for any other role for me. It was one of my favorite television characters ever.

Good to see Laz Alonso. I also liked Karl Urban, I’ll probably watch season 2, but mostly because there isn’t anything else of much interest being produced.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Recently watched “The Boys” on Amazon. For the most part...it was fine.

Couple of things..

I am growing so tired of everything having the sexist, racist agenda. There are a couple of scenes where I just rolled my eyes. We get it, white men are the devil. We are relentlessly racist and should be eradicated post haste.

As a “Banshee” superfan, I didn’t particularly care for Anthony Starr being cast in the role of Homelander. The Lucas Hood character has probably ruined Starr for any other role for me. It was one of my favorite television characters ever.

Good to see Laz Alonso. I also liked Karl Urban, I’ll probably watch season 2, but mostly because there isn’t anything else of much interest being produced.

Haha, does it feel good to finally admit that out loud? ;)

I must admit, as a brutha, it feels lazy when tv shows go that route so I kinda get how you feel. At the same time though, you should also recognize that's how the rest of us have felt the last what 6-7 decades of TV, radio, media, smoke signals (well ... probably not smoke signals :D).

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Haha, does it feel good to finally admit that out loud? ;)

I must admit, as a brutha, it feels lazy when tv shows go that route so I kinda get how you feel. At the same time though, you should also recognize that's how the rest of us have felt the last what 6-7 decades of TV, radio, media, smoke signals (well ... probably not smoke signals :D).

It’s not being cast as villains that bothers me. Someone has to be the antagonist. I get it. But one scene in particular that takes place in a Foot Locker type store just seemed completely unnecessary.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It’s not being cast as villains that bothers me. Someone has to be the antagonist. I get it. But one scene in particular that takes place in a Foot Locker type store just seemed completely unnecessary.

I haven't watched the Boys yet so I don't know what scene you're talking about specifically. However, I do understand what you mean in general. It's painfully obvious when a theme like that is being forced and doesn't really add to the story.

Trust me, it's noticed not only by my white bro's. That said, I should reiterate that you're feeling a pain in the last 3-5 years that most of us have been feeling for decades so ... :meh:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anyone catch the first episode of Watchmen?

Despite it being a sequel that's largely tangential to the book, it was really good.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Several episodes in to Carnival Row on Amazon Prime Video and enjoying it so far.
My wife and I just finished the first season last night. We both called (i.e. predicted) some of the big plot twists in the last couple of episodes, so it was loads of fun for us—fist-bumps all around. Looking forward to the next season.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My wife and I just finished the first season last night. We both called (i.e. predicted) some of the big plot twists in the last couple of episodes, so it was loads of fun for us—fist-bumps all around. Looking forward to the next season.

I thought it was fun also. It wasn't groundbreaking or anything, but a solid watch that'll get me to check out another season.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That said, I should reiterate that you're feeling a pain in the last 3-5 years that most of us have been feeling for decades so ... :meh:

No argument....it's just that old "two wrongs don't make a right" thing...even if it is emotionally satisfying to see it happen...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anybody check out the Wu Tang series? Not the greatest but, as a fan of theirs growing up, an interesting watch to see how they came together.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anyone catch the first episode of Watchmen?

Despite it being a sequel that's largely tangential to the book, it was really good.

I just watched the first two episodes last night. I'm in.

I only started watching because I respect your opinion(s) so much. :sneaky: