Georgia Tech Has The Best Band

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am sure the old timers from 1919's Nat'l Championship hated the jazzy music and the exposed ankles of female fans in the 50's when Dodd was coaching...

It is really clear that its the fuddy duddy attitude some fans display seriously holds us back w/ sidewalk fans and the like

I’m not an old timer and I don’t have a problem with the band playing that song, but it’s objectively crappy. Rap has cratered in the past 10 years. Nas was right...

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I’m not an old timer and I don’t have a problem with the band playing that song, but it’s objectively crappy. Rap has cratered in the past 10 years. Nas was right...
If it make anyone feel better, the rapper went to school with NBA basketball player Mohamed Bamba. I guess he asked for a song and this was the result. They did the song in one take. This wasn't supposed to be a serious song, it just went viral for whatever reason.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Bamba_(song)
The words, "Oh! ****! ****! *****!", shouted out by Wes, were his actual reaction to the unintentional freezing of the beat that occurred when Baptise of Take a Daytrip was looping the beat as Wes was recording his vocals. Shortly after, the beat unfroze as Wes proceeded to record a new verse on the spot.
I really don't think we should take anything in this song seriously lol.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If it make anyone feel better, the rapper went to school with NBA basketball player Mohamed Bamba. I guess he asked for a song and this was the result. They did the song in one take. This wasn't supposed to be a serious song, it just went viral for whatever reason.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Bamba_(song)

I really don't think we should take anything in this song seriously lol.

Oh good. I thought I heard N-word and was sad. Glad it’s nothing serious though. :stop:

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently sheet music for this song appeared at GT band practice today...

Attachments

• 1EDE66A5-74D0-4922-834C-2DFF106B3601.jpeg
    1EDE66A5-74D0-4922-834C-2DFF106B3601.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 56
Yeah... I just looked and it definitely has a blue overlay. Here is the source image downloaded by the page. That's an amazing picture. As @Vespidae said, they had to use the blue overlay on the picture for design decisions, but I wish they hadn't.
GT-1st-_09012018_KarlLMoore-6.jpg

Sorry @Supersizethatorder-mutt , you were right =)
Regardless of what so called valid reasons they had, that is simply NOT OUR Ramblin' Wreck.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I am older than most here,
Preview of what it might sound like in a band arrangement

It got LSU players pretty hype last week

I would guess I am older than most posting here, but I thought the Prairie View band rendition has Great! As long as there is not any of the lyrics being sung in the stands with it. That would hurt us more than help.

Much prefer this than some of the piped in music we play.

Could it be our version of VTs Sandman? Get the students there early to “chant” (don’t know if that is what the Prairie Band was doing) before RRFGT?

Just asking.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am older than most here,

I would guess I am older than most posting here, but I thought the Prairie View band rendition has Great! As long as there is not any of the lyrics being sung in the stands with it. That would hurt us more than help.

Much prefer this than some of the piped in music we play.

Could it be our version of VTs Sandman? Get the students there early to “chant” (don’t know if that is what the Prairie Band was doing) before RRFGT?

Just asking.
I was at that LSU game and it was fabulous to hear that music (not song, just music) and the way the fans and the students reacted was super. I'm all for that......

Oh, and I know it was a huge game and all, but the student section was completely full an hour before kickoff, and they needed to do stuff to keep everyone entertained.....

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I was at that LSU game and it was fabulous to hear that music (not song, just music) and the way the fans and the students reacted was super. I'm all for that......

Oh, and I know it was a huge game and all, but the student section was completely full an hour before kickoff, and they needed to do stuff to keep everyone entertained.....

It's live. Fans can hear anything they want from rap to Mantovani, anywhere and any time, but it's only at the game you can hear the band. Live.