Georgia Tech Has The Best Band

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Then your issue is with the majority of rap music. That is understandable, but it doesn't speak to this seriousness of this specific song.

Respectfully, and with all due respect: imagine if a kid hears the tune, then the kid finds the tune, and the kid hears the words, then talks the words, then believes the words, and lives the words. IS this not serious? ( Or, do words of McConaughey in ‘Time To Kill’ apply: now imagine it’s a white kid?)

Sorry to make a social statement on a fun fan forum, but I would prefer our Institute take the high road away from this piece. It is garbage any way you slice it. Please pick another 8-bars of repeated, catchy melody instead of pandering to social trend.

Thanks for listening-

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Respectfully, and with all due respect: imagine if a kid hears the tune, then the kid finds the tune, and the kid hears the words, then talks the words, then believes the words, and lives the words. IS this not serious? ( Or, do words of McConaughey in ‘Time To Kill’ apply: now imagine it’s a white kid?)

Sorry to make a social statement on a fun fan forum, but I would prefer our Institute take the high road away from this piece. It is garbage any way you slice it. Please pick another 8-bars of repeated, catchy melody instead of pandering to social trend.

Thanks for listening-
I appreciate your thoughts.

I am personally glad our band plays the music as opposed to the PA playing the actual song (the PSU, LSU, and Michigan videos all play censored versions of the actual song). I think that is a good line to take, but I understand where you are coming from.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Thanks for having a conversation (from different sides) in a way that is reasonable. This is a great example of people looking for common ground and understanding as opposed to staking off moral high ground on the look out for misunderstanding.

Bravo.

Thanks for listening-

I appreciate your thoughts.

I am personally glad our band plays the music as opposed to the PA playing the actual song (the PSU, LSU, and Michigan videos all play censored versions of the actual song). I think that is a good line to take, but I understand where you are coming from.