Georgia Tech Has The Best Band

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is definitely not suitable for work. From the start. So please be aware:

I actually think the band can do it right. Trumpets/Flutes take the glockenspiel sounds and let the Tubas/Trombones take the base lines and lyrics. Accentuate the drumlines and cymbals. Anybody else just dance.

Thanks for the warning!!!!!! I'm too old for that...I could only take 23 seconds.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I mean the guy isn’t even rapping he’s just singing extremely poorly.

I like the music but it would be better if the guy would shut up. [emoji23]. I mean, it sounds like he was recorded while “singing” in the shower. Awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is definitely not suitable for work. From the start. So please be aware:

I actually think the band can do it right. Trumpets/Flutes take the glockenspiel sounds and let the Tubas/Trombones take the base lines and lyrics. Accentuate the drumlines and cymbals. Anybody else just dance.

This song choice, unfortunately, puts me closer to Supersize’s the players shouldn’t pick anything Camp. That’s a pile of excriment right there.

Maybe the CIA can use it as an “advanced interrogation” technique? I’d rather be water boarded than listen to that again.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
If it’s going to get the players pumped up and the students engaged, then play it. I personally like the song, and playing it in a night game.. Electric.

While you’re on YouTube, go watch how hype Mo Bamba got Penn State last weekend - I would do anything to get our students that involved.

To me it’s more about what players, recruits, and students like than what old season ticket holders who rarely even stand up out of their seats like. Sounds like we’ve got a few of the latter on here.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yo,reppin the OWG's here....anytime we can shift the rap from being piped in to the band, it's a win-win. You lose the awful vocals and lyrics plus the sound system at BDS is str8 up slaw dawg. Any tune sounds good when it be bumped by a large marching band. ya feel me homes?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yo,reppin the OWG's here....anytime we can shift the rap from being piped in to the band, it's a win-win. You lose the awful vocals and lyrics plus the sound system at BDS is str8 up slaw dawg. Any tune sounds good when it be bumped by a large marching band. ya feel me homes?
But I like slaw dogs???

bikeseat

GT Athlete
If it’s going to get the players pumped up and the students engaged, then play it. I personally like the song, and playing it in a night game.. Electric.

While you’re on YouTube, go watch how hype Mo Bamba got Penn State last weekend - I would do anything to get our students that involved.

To me it’s more about what players, recruits, and students like than what old season ticket holders who rarely even stand up out of their seats like. Sounds like we’ve got a few of the latter on here.

No wearing blue pants though!!!!!

Deleted member 2897

I watched Penn State video last night and my 16 year old daughter walked over and yelled “Mo Bamba! I love Mo Bamba!”

I grounded her for 2 weeks.

Just kidding. It’s big with the kids.

Today I was flipping radio stations and it came on. Obviously was the censored version, the the whole thing was a bunch of beeped and blurred out sections, making the lyrics nonexistent LOL