Georgia Tech Has The Best Band

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
You mean it might sound worse than that?
I was going to post the same cautionary message that Sarrick did. It won't sound worse, just less dramatic. Better/worse depends on what you prefer. Regardless, I know the band will bring the hype with this song. It's kind of set up to sound good with a marching band, and we've got a great band!

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, it's an under the weather school with no football program, but hte best band is actually at my local school, George Mason. Electric guitars, vocoders, multiple drummers, and the band director is Doc Nix:
DSC_0230.JPG

0da521cebdf73f4e5497d493360311e4.jpg

doc-nix-is-full-of-secrets.jpg

54b004814c20f.image.jpg
nickens3_0.jpg

If you appreciate the band, I suggest going to the Bobby Dodd statue after a home game and letting the members know as they leave the stadium. After a long day of showing up early, a lot of running in uniform, and wearing out our chops playing for 5 hours, it’s always nice to hear that we made someone’s gameday experience better.
I just wish y'all would play more DURING the game, instead of that awful piped-in music.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I just wish y'all would play more DURING the game, instead of that awful piped-in music.
The piped in music is on the athletic department. We play whenever we get the signal from the drum major. Also as a band alum, the fans need to be louder on defense. When we couldn’t hear anyone else yelling, it tended to drain some of the energy and excitement.

The piped in music is on the athletic department. We play whenever we get the signal from the drum major. Also as a band alum, the fans need to be louder on defense. When we couldn’t hear anyone else yelling, it tended to drain some of the energy and excitement.
I know the piped-in music is on the athletic department, and somebody needs to set them straight. I personally think the entire crowd responds more to good, energetic band music than any piped-in crap. That's what might get the fans louder on defense.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If you appreciate the band, I suggest going to the Bobby Dodd statue after a home game and letting the members know as they leave the stadium. After a long day of showing up early, a lot of running in uniform, and wearing out our chops playing for 5 hours, it’s always nice to hear that we made someone’s gameday experience better.

I hope someone gets a video of Mo Bamba. The bass line has been with me all day. Would be good to see our band doing it.