Georgia Tech has hired Josh Pastner

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys, if you think Pastner is going to out-recruit other coaches, you are sadly mistaken. Yes, in a one-bid league, he can recruit, but in a league such as the AAC or not to mention the big dog, ACC, dude will not be able to tote their jock strap. The last two years Josh has brought nothing but JCO players and transfers to Memphis. He is way over-rated on recruiting. There is not a player in the NBA who is a well know starter that came from Pastner, other than one, which I can't think of his name, HA!

Oh I'm still on cloud 9!! Have been waiting on this day for about 4 years now. And, as to the 4 star point guard. Don't let those gaudy stars beside a recruit fool ya. They can be 7 stars, but Pastner will still find out a way to make them transfer at the end of the year.

Looks like it's Kermit Davis or Tad Boyle for you. I'm on cloud 9 for you!! Have fun!

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
What Tigerrs doesn't seem to realize is that Memphis is in the same boat as Tech was in when we hired Gregory. Both Hewitt and Pastner had early success, signed long term contracts with buyouts, and then sorta fizzled out.
Now Memphis is in their own " Gregory " phase of the process , hamstrung financially by having to buyout part of Pastner's contract, just like we have had to do with Hewitt/Gregory. As fans, we sometimes tend to think our schools' athletic programs are more relevant nationally than they actually are. Then , when we don't get the " big time " coach , we can't figure it out. In my opinion , both Memphis and Tech are getting about as good a coach as their current circumstances warrant. A definite level below the big time, proven guys , but potentially able to move both programs upward. Should be an interesting few years.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
tigerrrrs doesn't go here anymore
tumblr_mqhmm3F7FA1s8scfko1_500.gif

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So Pastner is in fact a clown? There's more in the removed posts.

I'm pretty sure that you don't censure every use of clown. Regardless, I was referring to the data/perspective he used to support the claim.

I've got no problems with saying he's a troll, just saying his troll wasn't without foundation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm pretty sure that you don't censure every use of clown. Regardless, I was referring to the data/perspective he used to support the claim.

I've got no problems with saying he's a troll, just saying his troll wasn't without foundation.

Lol, "data"?

His only purpose was to crap on the hire and make veiled mocking comments about GT.

Dont validate that nonsense, AE. You're better than that. (in Mark Jackson voice)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lol, "data"?

His only purpose was to crap on the hire and make veiled mocking comments about GT.

Dont validate that nonsense, AE. You're better than that. (in Mark Jackson voice)

LOL. He was quoting you I thought.