Georgia Tech has hired Josh Pastner

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully the deal was too good for us to financially go any other way. If we're paying him less than $2 mil and we got some concessions from Memphis this will be okay. Why would he leave Memphis for less pay you ask? He has a career to think about. He's too young for Memphis to be his coffin. Upgraded life in ATL, better conference, fresh start with endless possibilities and low expectations for a few years while you build. Money isn't everything and I'd be okay with us backloading his deal with large performance incentives. Simply top 7 in the ACC is a start.

Now if the bad deal fairy came to visit, I won't be happy, but if it's mutually beneficial I'll be optimistic.

Also he needs to bring that 4 star PG with him... like yesterday

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, now that this is over, I'm probably going to post a bit more intermittently the next couple of weeks as I head on vacation.

As much as this is greatly to my dismay, I'm going to give Pastner a chance, as I would any new coach. As @DaBiz has pointed out, the dude is going to hit the recruiting trail hard and get us players. We have to hope Bobinski recognizes the shortcomings and gets him help on the Xs & Os front and we go from there.

In the meantime, with the recruiting season opening, I'll be back in my lair in the player threads. See you all on the other side.

alcalde

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey guys, lifelong Memphis fan here. Gotta say im really sorry. I feel for you guys.

Dont let the gaudy record fool you. In the past 2 seasons, Josh was 1-18 vs RPI top 50. In his career he is 17-54 vs top 50 RPI and holds an overall losing record vs top 100.

His 70% win percentage is due to feasting on a weak CUSA and sub 200 teams OOC.

Recruiting? Hes done it with almost all Memphis kids... and run them off. Weve had a roster full of transfers in the last 2 seasons. The only 4/5 star recruits he ever signed out of local kids was Jalen Kendrick and Will Barton...but that was in year 2 when we brought a loaded Memphis class of Joe Jackson/Tarik Black/Adonis Thomas in and Memphis was still a hot name. Since then, Shaq Goodwin and Charlie Moore is it. He only got Dedric Lawson because he hired his dad and hes a Memphis kid. He has zero chance of success in the ACC

Again, I feel for you guys. Yall have great tradition and dont deserve this. But im in celebration mode that the clown is gone

Milwaukee

Banned
Hey guys, lifelong Memphis fan here. Gotta say im really sorry. I feel for you guys.

Dont let the gaudy record fool you. In the past 2 seasons, Josh was 1-18 vs RPI top 50. In his career he is 17-54 vs top 50 RPI and holds an overall losing record vs top 100.

Recruiting? Hes done it with almost all Memphis kids... and run them off. Weve had a roster full of transfers in the last 2 seasons. The only 4/5 star recruits he ever signed out of local kids was Jalen Kendrick and Will Barton...but that was in year 2 when we brought a loaded Memphis class of Joe Jackson/Tarik Black/Adonis Thomas in and Memphis was still a hot name. Since then, Shaq Goodwin and Charlie Moore is it. He only got Dedric Lawson because he hired his dad and hes a Memphis kid. He has zero chance of success in the ACC

Again, I feel for you guys. Yall have great tradition and dont deserve this. But im in celebration mode that the clown is gone

Thanks for stopping by.

Deuces

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow

Sickening. The GT athletic department has got to be the most incompetent athletic department in the country.

alcalde

Georgia Tech Fan
We went 31 and 5 one year.

We got a 6 seed that year, the highest under Josh. We entered the tournament that season with 3 top 50 RPI wins.

The wins were Southern Miss, Southern Miss and Southern Miss

5 wins vs top 25 in 7 seasons
Only 1 of those was in the top 15

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck

If he only gets the top Atlanta kids, we'll be fine.

WreckedbyWhiskey

Georgia Tech Fan

Thanks for sharing, and I won't hold you to that "zero chance of success in the ACC".

#hatersgonehate

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

You sold your souls by hiring Cal. No morals. Reap it heathen.