Georgia State Post Game thread

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I kind of chuckle when I read comments insinuating that GSU was an inferior opponent last night. While they now may have been proven to be so, to a small degree, I beg to remind you that they have been to bowls 4 of the last 5 years, winning 3 of them. How many have we played over that time span? In my mind, they were a perfect opponent for that specific place in our schedule, a real challenge without being a second powerhouse in a row immediately following a demanding travel situation. It is good to arrive at the place in time where we can think of ourselves that way as a fan base, but in retrospect, more realistically, we are only a year removed from getting destroyed by Bowling Green in a similar game. In short, we are still trying to build something and are nowhere close to having reached the pinnacle of CFB dominance.

I agree with many of the sentiments already expressed in this thread. To my eye we looked like a team with weary legs and quite possibly sore bodies. I both appreciate this, and also feel a sense of caution at the same time. Clearly, we are desperately trying to instill TOUGHNESS back into our program, as it had been a "KEY" ingredient (do you like how I did that there?) missing for a few years. Getting to work after a huge win against ranked FSU was clearly articulated as a priority. Without having any knowledge of the situation, if I had to guess, I would say this last week was a very tough one at practice. I will trust the staff to craft a plan for the coming week that will put us in the best position to win and grow as a program.

I'm going to watch a replay in a couple minutes. Following the football with my eyes is fun as heck but I miss so much in the process. Usually, I just tune out the announcers, but it will be good to hear the voice of Wes Durham once again.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
A few seasons ago Tech would have been 0-2 and not 2-0.

Enjoy the week. Go Jackets!

1725199935473.gif

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
But I dont understand why folks don't see what we're currently doing as gimmicky like they did with CPJ's stuff.
I think the answer to your question is this - the casual fan (which most fans are) can't discern the current O from any other tht they see most other college teams run. So it looks like a "standard" offense. CPJ's O was clearly and visibly different than anything else you saw other teams (outside of the service acadamies) run. Disclaimer - no value judgements one way or another intended in the preceeding comments, just trying to answer the question you posed.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just listened to the post game presser and when Jamal was asked how he felt after the stinger he apparently took, he replied he felt great - gotta go for next week. Makes me feel much better - especially with Carrie looking strong.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Because Tech fans being Tech fans we always expect the team to have a let down and Syracuse is as good a place as any for that to happen. And we are tired and banged up from the last two games. But a win means we are good enough that all conditions don’t have to be perfect for us to win.

You think we are tired after two games?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Has it been discussed what happened with Alexander? Was it a dislocated shoulder? And how long will Cooley be out for?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Pretty sure the broadcast made this exact point last night. Basically said, as you're alluding to, that our offense is a variation of the option.

I loved CPJ and I love what we're doing now. But I dont understand why folks don't see what we're currently doing as gimmicky like they did with CPJ's stuff.

Bc it has universal passing concepts with an orthodox approach to blocking

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Has it been discussed what happened with Alexander? Was it a dislocated shoulder? And how long will Cooley be out for?
I’m not a doctor so take this how you will. Coming off the field Alexander appeared to be grasping at his collar more so than his shoulder. Dislocations, to me at least, seem to always affect the outer shoulder. So I think all of the collar bone talk in here has been in reference to him grasping more towards his collar coming off the field.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I’m not a doctor so take this how you will. Coming off the field Alexander appeared to be grasping at his collar more so than his shoulder. Dislocations, to me at least, seem to always affect the outer shoulder. So I think all of the collar bone talk in here has been in reference to him grasping more towards his collar coming off the field.

Hopefully not a broken collarbone I couldn’t tell from the stands. I just knew he fell on his shoulder. Originally thought it was just a stinger because he got up so quickly.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure the broadcast made this exact point last night. Basically said, as you're alluding to, that our offense is a variation of the option.

I loved CPJ and I love what we're doing now. But I dont understand why folks don't see what we're currently doing as gimmicky like they did with CPJ's stuff.
Yep. Commentators kept saying it’s just a triple option, just not in flexbone or wishbone, which is what makes the offense so hard to defend. Those of us who knew this already feel pretty smug right now.

nicole richie hair flip GIF

And what about that rocket toss to Singleton with pulling guards and tight end ? !!!!!

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
That was one of the most lopsided referring I have ever witnessed!!! Those refs should be fired! It wasn't even that they were bad refs, it was clearly all targeted against Tech.

There was all the blatant unbalanced holding penalties. But the one play that sealed the fix from the refs was where Haynes had a blatant facemask followed by a clear as day targeting penalty and nothing was thrown!
Good Lord GT Fans whine about refs. We held on a lot of plays. They were properly called. That's on GT not the refs! There were plenty of other times our WRs could have been called for holding. The WRs block well down field and they hold nearly every time.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully not a broken collarbone I couldn’t tell from the stands. I just knew he fell on his shoulder. Originally thought it was just a stinger because he got up so quickly.
A quick google search yields a 8-12 week recovery schedule so if it was a break and he’ll be out, and we will know soon.

Anyone hate to harp on a young man putting his body on the line w/o a scholarship too much. Hope Key can fix that (get him one) by seasons end.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Chad Alexander got some minutes did you not notice him? Anthony Carrie too.
Alexander clearly hurt his shoulder or collarbone. His injury looked serious
He posture was exactly as mine was when I broke my collarbone playing football. Alexander is likely our foe a number of weeks.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think the answer to your question is this - the casual fan (which most fans are) can't discern the current O from any other tht they see most other college teams run. So it looks like a "standard" offense. CPJ's O was clearly and visibly different than anything else you saw other teams (outside of the service acadamies) run. Disclaimer - no value judgements one way or another intended in the preceeding comments, just trying to answer the question you posed.
Which is why many of us said the biggest offending feature of CPL’s offense to his detractors was the way it looked.