Georgia State Post Game thread

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was living in Houston when U of H joined the SWC. I actually had UT fans tell me that between the teams they would be playing, the officials, and the conference offices, there was no way Houston would win a single game for the first five years. UH ended up winning the conference title three out of four years. They were treated a lot like GT has been treated by the ACC, especially during the CPJ years.
In 69 I was there when u h ran veer but had burners at wr. Come up and qb chuncked it.
On defense they were super aggressive. Soon the opponents defense was out of gas. Fun times.They dropped 60 plus on miss st in Astro Dome.

But eventually swc was texas and ou and rest of conference sucked. Texas black balled uh during a critical reshuffle and they were out. .

Then when uh got a good by strictly recruiting houston area and passing only. But that coach moved on and they got another. Texas raided that u of h staff using $$.

I look at UT as UNC and UH as Gt ( not academically ).
UNC will stab Gt in back.
The quicker we can get to big ten at any $ sacrifice the better. They will kick us to curb and expect us to say thanks

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Dry Rub
Memphis
Pork.

Fight me
Dry Rub - smoked pig in a pit

South Georgia

BUT -Texas beef ribs were a revelation to me the first time I had them about 30 years ago in a hole in the wall place between Austin and San Antonio. I think it gives pork a run for the money any day. I could alternate eating it even/odd days with pork.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Dry Rub - smoked pig in a pit

South Georgia

BUT -Texas beef ribs were a revelation to me the first time I had them about 30 years ago in a hole in the wall place between Austin and San Antonio. I think it gives pork a run for the money any day. I could alternate eating it even/odd days with pork.
As a side note, I HAVE found a damn good bbq place out here in Colorado. The pork is [chef's kiss], the brisket is top-notch, and my wife loves the chicken. They even serve fried okra and sweet tea, which warms my heart (as those things are hard to come by). The sauces are decent - although my wife is unhappy they don't have Alabama white sauce, she settles for the Carolina vinegar-based stuff.

But my one objection: like anything north of the Mason-Dixon line, no matter where you go - none of them (this one included) has Brunswick Stew.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Boy, u guys have way more stories than i have since i have been in swc where Texas got all the calls.

I hate uga for a few very unnecessary injury targeting tackles.

U guys have suffered with phantom blocking fouls on us and WWE blocking fowls by them .

Seeing this bias makes me want to have a strong passing attack ( from tackle inside holding while pass blocking is legal. ) As a Baylor booster we coild never best texas , ou, tcu due to they were good and we weren't. But when we were not bad, the refs killed us. Once the air raid started, they couldnt cheat that fast. .

I hope acc can get refs helping in ft ball like they help in b ball.
It has been endless since I checked in to GT sports in 1966. The incident list is long and “distinguished.”

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
As a side note, I HAVE found a damn good bbq place out here in Colorado. The pork is [chef's kiss], the brisket is top-notch, and my wife loves the chicken. They even serve fried okra and sweet tea, which warms my heart (as those things are hard to come by). The sauces are decent - although my wife is unhappy they don't have Alabama white sauce, she settles for the Carolina vinegar-based stuff.

But my one objection: like anything north of the Mason-Dixon line, no matter where you go - none of them (this one included) has Brunswick Stew.
What place in Colorado did you find?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Growing up in Ga. I thought Brunswick stew came with BBQ in the same manner that french fries just naturally come with hamburgers. When I was in my late 30's I moved to Tennessee. the first BBQ place i found I ordered a small pulled pork sandwich with a bowl of Brunswick stew. The waitress didn't know what I was talking about. First time Ihad ever had BBQ without stew. So this abomination can occur even BELOW the Mason-Dixon line. Sadly enough.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Fountain BBQ in Evergreen. Great stuff. (Although their person-less ordering system just doesn't feel right, I'll take good fired okra and BBQ however I can get it.)
Unless you are ordering it from a person who looks like "a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig" and calls you 'sugar" or "hon" it just doesn't seem like a real BBQ joint to me! :)

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Unless you are ordering it from a person who looks like "a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig" and calls you 'sugar" or "hon" it just doesn't seem like a real BBQ joint to me! :)
Agreed! The saving grace of this place is a woman from Texas named Annie who works there. Not quite the level of home, but you take what you can get when you're far away. :LOL:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I ate at one years ago with a buddy and the waitress was very attentive, didn’t let our tea or water glasses get empty, brought us pepper sauce for our greens, extra cornbread etc etc. But we got tickled because every time she came by she called us something different -love, sweetheart, dear, sugar, honey, baby, sweetie, darling, and on and on. She was sincere in her “style” and she won us over but we started laughing every time she left the table. We think we counted 11 or 12 different handles.