Georgia Postgame

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Strength of schedule? If the stats say it was that tough it is fine by me. I wish we could reach a point where it increases our opponents SoS to be playing us.

DC? Ok, fine by me to fire Roof. BUT who in the hell in their right mind would put one ounce of faith in CPJ to, again, hire another DC? Insanity. Just what in the world is it about our program that so many are blind about?

Staff changes besides Roof? Well, sadly, there needs to be one at the top. If anyone thinks that, after 10 years, CPJ is going to do one single significant thing to change the ENTIRE program for the better from where it is now- you are wrong. 10 years is MORE than enough. Do you people run your businesses this way? That all being said - Sewak should have been long gone but I would not be the least bit shocked if he got a raise for tenure. The guy teaches gutless, punk *** blocking. He waste as much as he improves if not more. I am ashamed he is associated with GT. “But he is a good recruiter...”. Well, kiss my fanny and whoop-de-do - that is part of his damn job!

I guess we have reached the point where 3-7, 2-8, etc vs the best teams on our schedule is acceptable, but we have now lost 3 of the last 4 to puke.

Only thing I can do is just try and give more money. Won’t buy any more tickets to watch a team coached by CPJ. That does not make sense because the man can not be trusted to direct the hiring of DC & ST coaches. And he will make zero O changes because his ego will not allow it.

And bark madly can go screw himself. I will not set expectations for GT based on what some uk loving ******* working for the AJC says they should be.

Last edited:

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we quit, we were just outclassed on both LOS.
Can't drop ints. Can't give up 3rd and 9 draw conversions for 40 yards. They already have you outmatched, you have to make plays in crunch time.
But this has been all season, so we shouldn't be surprised.
The missed deep pass followed up by uga completing a one handed deep pass summed up the game and our season.
We got two stops, we ended one drive with points, we got dominated.

A lot of soul searching after a season like this. Uga is a good team this year so no shame in losing, but that second half was Duke redux

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is exactly right. I would take that 2015 squad 10/10 times over this one. Something is missing badly. 2015 at least played their asses off every game.

And on top of that, the past few weeks CPJ and others on the team have said practice and energy was great. They put in a ton of hours etc, but then wet the bed when they get to the field. There is some disconnect from practice to field it seems. I feel like VT was the lone game this year that I felt the team went to the game prepared for the challenge.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Johnson quit in the 4th when he went dive, dive, sweep, punt. Not even a single pass. You’re down 31 and you go dive, dive, sweep, punt. That’s giving up. I’d rather have an interception 30 yards down the field than three rushes and a punt.

I don't think we quit, we were just outclassed on both LOS.
Can't drop ints. Can't give up 3rd and 9 draw conversions for 40 yards. They already have you outmatched, you have to make plays in crunch time.
But this has been all season, so we shouldn't be surprised.
The missed deep pass followed up by uga completing a one handed deep pass summed up the game and our season.
We got two stops, we ended one drive with points, we got dominated.

A lot of soul searching after a season like this. Uga is a good team this year so no shame in losing, but that second half was Duke redux

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Johnson quit in the 4th when he went dive, dive, sweep, punt. Not even a single pass. You’re down 31 and you go dive, dive, sweep, punt. That’s giving up. I’d rather have an interception 30 yards down the field than three rushes and a punt.

I would have liked to see new players. Don't mind running the football in that situation, but it was time for TQ to sit and let someone else get game time.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
This I can agree with. I also would run a play with one second left instead of kneeling, but I'm speaking to the players not PJ.

He was running the same crap late in the 3rd down 24. I don't get it and I'd bet the players noticed and reacted accordingly. If the coach is gonna just go thru the motions, they appear to have followed suit.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He was running the same crap late in the 3rd down 24. I don't get it and I'd bet the players noticed and reacted accordingly. If the coach is gonna just go thru the motions, they appear to have followed suit.
And if they leave the " holier than thou real tech men" will say they have no reason to leave and are locker room lawyers.
Son said same thing - shy play to loose by less.
The Gt goal - lose by less then pose?
Good for some.
Attrition of donors...