Georgia Postgame

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Said Johnson: “This season's not like 2015. We had so many people hurt. Those kids fought their tail off. This one, for some reason, at times it seemed like we were just out there.”

Johnson was asked about the uncertainty regarding a bowl. (At 5-6, Tech could file a waiver to be considered for any open slots.) Said Johnson: “I don’t think there’s any uncertainty over a bowl.”

Those weren’t the words of a man eager to play again. Those were the words of a coach who wants to see no more of this team.

ouch*

http://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-brad...l-johnson-not-pleased/UGFYwNeblw1EIdS4boMUrN/
For what it's worth, I asked the question about his message to the team and bowl game uncertainty. My impression of CPJ's response with the non-verbals is consistent with Bradley's description. That along with his comment about 2015 vs. 2017 really drives it home.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
For what it's worth, I asked the question about his message to the team and bowl game uncertainty. My impression of CPJ's response with the non-verbals is consistent with Bradley's description. That along with his comment about 2015 vs. 2017 really drives it home.

It confirms what i have been saying in chat for weeks something is off with this team

Hmm

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Leadership failure among the players this year. Team captains, Freeman, T. Marshall and L. Austin did not inspire or lead. Senior class in general did not provide leadership to underclassmen. It happens some times and that is why each year is a different situation. If I were Johnson I would move Taqoun out of a leadership position and play someone else at QB. He just did not deliver when the games were on the line. Not his fault totally but as a team captain and QB you have to be a difference maker. Hopefully the rising Juniors will do a better leadership job and we can find a QB that can deliver in the clutch.

Go Jackets!

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Taquon is a talented athlete, but we really missed JT this year.
TQM earned his spot as QB this year, and showed a lot of promise early on, but I just don't think he is developed enough for these big games. He's an A-Back playing his first year as QB under a very tough schedule. If he is QB next year he needs to do a lot of off season work and get his confidence up. JT had a slow start I remember as well

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Our bread and butter play, the BB dive lost too much yardage which puts us in a hole and behind schedule. Not a knock on anyone or any position but this seemed to happen quite a bit this year. 2nd and 11/12 is knocking us off schedule. Give me the 2nd and 6/7 and we will win 90% of the time.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I know we don't like UGA here but some of you guys are being delusional. UGA has probably the second most talented team in the country (behind Alabama).

I didn't wake up this morning planning on outplaying them in every aspect of the game.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Johnson quit in the 4th when he went dive, dive, sweep, punt. Not even a single pass. You’re down 31 and you go dive, dive, sweep, punt. That’s giving up. I’d rather have an interception 30 yards down the field than three rushes and a punt.
I would rather have seen our backup QBs throw some passes for even just a few plays of game experience. Instead, if we change QBs to start next season, they will have no experience just like this year.

ladyfreeman77

Georgia Tech Fan
Leadership failure among the players this year. Team captains, Freeman, T. Marshall and L. Austin did not inspire or lead. Senior class in general did not provide leadership to underclassmen. It happens some times and that is why each year is a different situation. If I were Johnson I would move Taqoun out of a leadership position and play someone else at QB. He just did not deliver when the games were on the line. Not his fault totally but as a team captain and QB you have to be a difference maker. Hopefully the rising Juniors will do a better leadership job and we can find a QB that can deliver in the clutch.

Go Jackets!
Hello! First I'd like to begin by saying that Freeman said thank you. As Freeman's mother, I want to say I completely agree with you about "lack of leadership". Especially about Freeman. He failed the younger guys by taking the time to have one on ones with them in his spare time, helping them to see what team responsibility means and how to contribute. He failed all of those sick children in the children's hospitals that he frequently visited and spent time with and encouraged to keep fighting for their lives. Let's not forget how terrible he was to the homeless people by feeding them on holidays instead of being home with family. Oh here goes the big one......how dare he listen and be coachable and not play selfishly on the field! Yep, I think you made a point! Leadership means making the "fan" happy and doing what you want them to do, not doing what he was destined to do-make a difference off the field that could impact those who are playing with him on the field. Before we decide to judge from the outside, maybe we should research and learn what happens outside of the 3.5 hours on a Saturday. By no means am I disgruntled, I just want to educate those who are not aware of what really goes on with these young men who just want to make a difference in other's lives and play some ball. Just like life, football doesn't always end like we would like but the loss does not always reflect the guys in the uniforms. I challenge you as a fan to ask yourself, "Did I do my part as a fan to support these guys?" If you cannot honestly answer "yes", maybe you should check your status as a true fan. What you all do not know is, these guys call you their "fans" but are you a true "fan" if you bash them when they don't get the expected wins. But what do I know as a parent of athletes. I wish the best for the young men who are coming behind these seniors because who knows, next year they may be on the other end of the words of these kinds of posts.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hello! First I'd like to begin by saying that Freeman said thank you. As Freeman's mother, I wamissnt to say I completely agree with you about "lack of leadership". Especially about Freeman. He failed the younger guys by taking the time to have one on ones with them in his spare time, helping them to see what team responsibility means and how to contribute. He failed all of those sick children in the children's hospitals that he frequently visited and spent time with and encouraged to keep fighting for their lives. Let's not forget how terrible he was to the homeless people by feeding them on holidays instead of being home with family. Oh here goes the big one......how dare he listen and be coachable and not play selfishly on the field! Yep, I think you made a point! Leadership means making the "fan" happy and doing what you want them to do, not doing what he was destined to do-make a difference off the field that could impact those who are playing with him on the field. Before we decide to judge from the outside, maybe we should research and learn what happens outside of the 3.5 hours on a Saturday. By no means am I disgruntled, I just want to educate those who are not aware of what really goes on with these young men who just want to make a difference in other's lives and play some ball. Just like life, football doesn't always end like we would like but the loss does not always reflect the guys in the uniforms. I challenge you as a fan to ask yourself, "Did I do my part as a fan to support these guys?" If you cannot honestly answer "yes", maybe you should check your status as a true fan. What you all do not know is, these guys call you their "fans" but are you a true "fan" if you bash them when they don't get the expected wins. But what do I know as a parent of athletes. I wish the best for the young men who are coming behind these seniors because who knows, next year they may be on the other end of the words of these kinds of posts.

Wonderful post and thank you for setting the record straight for those who's only mission in life is to b**h and moan. I've followed your son's work off the field and see a young man I would be proud to call my son! He is an example of what a true student athlete is all about!

Animal02

Banned
Hello! First I'd like to begin by saying that Freeman said thank you. As Freeman's mother, I want to say I completely agree with you about "lack of leadership". Especially about Freeman. He failed the younger guys by taking the time to have one on ones with them in his spare time, helping them to see what team responsibility means and how to contribute. He failed all of those sick children in the children's hospitals that he frequently visited and spent time with and encouraged to keep fighting for their lives. Let's not forget how terrible he was to the homeless people by feeding them on holidays instead of being home with family. Oh here goes the big one......how dare he listen and be coachable and not play selfishly on the field! Yep, I think you made a point! Leadership means making the "fan" happy and doing what you want them to do, not doing what he was destined to do-make a difference off the field that could impact those who are playing with him on the field. Before we decide to judge from the outside, maybe we should research and learn what happens outside of the 3.5 hours on a Saturday. By no means am I disgruntled, I just want to educate those who are not aware of what really goes on with these young men who just want to make a difference in other's lives and play some ball. Just like life, football doesn't always end like we would like but the loss does not always reflect the guys in the uniforms. I challenge you as a fan to ask yourself, "Did I do my part as a fan to support these guys?" If you cannot honestly answer "yes", maybe you should check your status as a true fan. What you all do not know is, these guys call you their "fans" but are you a true "fan" if you bash them when they don't get the expected wins. But what do I know as a parent of athletes. I wish the best for the young men who are coming behind these seniors because who knows, next year they may be on the other end of the words of these kinds of posts.
I wish I could "like" this a hundred times.
I wish you son much success in the future as another Tech man.
I was fortunate to escape from Tech, I do not know how these players manage that feat AND practice / work out all year. It truly is an amazing accomplishment.
I will also add THANK YOU and your son for the effort.

Last edited:

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I know we don't like UGA here but some of you guys are being delusional. UGA has probably the second most talented team in the country (behind Alabama).

I didn't wake up this morning planning on outplaying them in every aspect of the game.

Two loss Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia. If you compare yesterday’s stat sheet against the Duke game, you will see that Duke did better against us than UGA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

Thank-you!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It is true there are many things in life more important than football and winning football games. I agree that your son, Taquon and Lawrence are good young men, good students and good representatives in the community. My comments regarding their leadership are relative to the 2017 GT football team. The team underachieved and in my opinion there was a failure of leadership within the team and the coaching staff. I apologize if I offended you.

Go Jackets!

Animal02

Banned
It is true there are many things in life more important than football and winning football games. I agree that your son, Taquon and Lawrence are good young men, good students and good representatives in the community. My comments regarding their leadership are relative to the 2017 GT football team. The team underachieved and in my opinion there was a failure of leadership within the team and the coaching staff. I apologize if I offended you.

Go Jackets!
That doesn't make it acceptable..........unless you are in the locker room and on the practice field every day to see and hear what is going on, you have no business calling out individual players like that.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Just like life, football doesn't always end like we would like but the loss does not always reflect the guys in the uniforms.
This other young man in the article below encountered some difficulties early on in his career. The world was a better place for it because his leadership persevered and against extreme criticism stayed the course when others would have floundered.

I hope GT’s new leadership in Stansbury has that rare ability to determine the way ahead. It’s terribly difficult when in charge when things are not going well. The malcontents, subversives, etc see the blood in the water and are emboldened to foment change. I do not envy Stansbury’s position today as we’ve had a divided fanbase for almost 2 decades.

Mrs Freeman, thank you for raising an outstanding young man. His leadership on and off the field points towards a very bright future. Our nation needs men of his character to ensure the prosperity for generations to come. I wish him the best of luck along with our other fine Seniors I had the privilege of cheering before the start of yesterday’s game.

http://seanheritage.com/blog/failing-way-success/