FSU Post game thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Watching some videos of the game. The new TE transfer Hawes is an absolute MONSTER blocking. I've counted 3 guys he absolutely folded into the ground so far. One of those guys that's not going to show up on the stat sheet, but I can tell you he's responsible for a lot of stats for other guys on the team.

EDIT:

I guess I'm not the only one that noticed:

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Next rankings aren't until after next week. So, I think there's a real chance we do. If we blow out GSU and FSU takes care of Boston college. Plus some ranked teams look bad.

All the voters were watching. That was a tough fought game. The teams looked equally matched. FSU didn't look like they were playing badly relative to their talent.
Little worried about the short turnaround along with jetlag.

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
PAC looked very happy on the field for the postgame festivities. Winning is fun. It's a long time to December, but if this season lives up to the promise of this opener, I hope he and ADJB have a big bag of cash prepared to dump on this staff!! "Irrational exuberance" is easy after a day like today, but we may be on the cusp of something big.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, the carry over from last season regarding the running game is the brightest spot I’ve seen from GT football in a long time. The way we fell behind UCF, didn’t flinch, and then mauled them to a win is basically what we did today 9months later. Except now, we are built to sustain it. Those blocks by Hawes are our new identity and with King, Haynes, and Alexander behind that line the defenses will have to cheat and Singleton, Blackburn, Rutherford, etc will feast.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

Highlights

Attachments

• 1724547451207.jpeg
    1724547451207.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 13

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am so proud of the coaches and this team. This ranks right up there with the 1990 season Citrus Bowl and 2014 season Orange Bowl for me. Great coaching, touch and clutch playing. We need to sell out BDS next week and show our appreciation and keep this thing going. Go Jackets!!!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like how we opened up the defense schematically after the first drive. Blitzes were complex and came from everywhere and yet, were executed quite well. They were effective against the run as well as the pass. We got into their backfield and disrupted the flow of their plays just enough to affect outcomes. In truth, I haven't seen it like that in quite a while. The grand total of 1 sack doesn't tell the story. After drive 1, I think they averaged under 2 yds per rushing attempt the rest of the way. That's good stuff.

They were a tough opponent in the trenches and yet, we got the better of the interior work on both sides of the ball. We may have had to use numbers on defense to do it, but our cover guys held up while alone on the island. Both OL and DL have improved with the use of their hands and getting leverage with their lower half. That was good looking stuff out there.

It has been a while since I have seen organized play, while at the same time showing a true mean streak across the board. For the first time in ages, I feel the level of effort on the field has actually matched the words that were coming out of coaches and players mouthes during camp.

In short, our program is developing integrity and credibility. One game does not make a season, but I sure like what I saw today.