FSU Post game thread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
yep, the better team won SAT but we came VERY close to throwing the effort away--- we lucked out recovering that King fumble when Rutledge got it ahead of 3?4? noles and what was shelley thinking not fair catching that punt-a disaster ready to happen. Anyway, I'll take it.
Part luck and part skill. The fumble was deftly recovered amidst four Seminoles, and Shelley did a great job hanging on to that punt after being pummeled. And there were things one could say FSU definitely lucked out on, like that phantom PI call. Any game this close could have gone either way, and there are always plays here and there that coulda gone either way. The main thing to take away from this game win or lose is that Tech seemed the better prepared team. That is very encouraging.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't that long ago we didn't have smart coaches.
Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
We didn’t load the LOS, we played man on the receivers with our corners and almost always had a safety at least faking a blitz. They were about 10-12 yards deep, not at the LOS.
One guy put out a video that showed the contrasting ways that we played AGAINST their counter plays and that FSU played against our counter plays. TL;DR version is our DEs did a way better job than theirs which gave others on our defense clearer paths to the ball and on the other side gave our runners open lanes.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
This got posted yesterday.

We had a bunch of guys who could have been player of the week, but Efford caught everyone’s attention.

MLB usually gets the glory (or the Edge) but it’s the DTs and DEs that make it possible. If your safety is leading in tackles it’s because your DL isn’t keeping blockers off of the LBs.

Edit: after posting this, I went back and looked - FSU leading tackler at 13 was Brown, a DB.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
MLB usually gets the glory (or the Edge) but it’s the DTs and DEs that make it possible. If your safety is leading in tackles it’s because your DL isn’t keeping blockers off of the LBs.

Edit: after posting this, I went back and looked - FSU leading tackler at 13 was Brown, a DB.
You’re right… our DE and DT wee routinely occupying two blockers.
We set the LOS about a 1/2 yard in our favor on both sides of the ball.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
You’re right… our DE and DT wee routinely occupying two blockers.
We set the LOS about a 1/2 yard in our favor on both sides of the ball.
Our OL and DL were clearly stronger than FSU's. Got great push on both sides of the ball. If we see the same against GS, it will make me very happy. Been 5 years since we've seen our OL dominate anyone on a regular basis, I think I have to go back to Tenuta days the last time our DL was stout but even then I don't remember them really dominating. Maybe 1990 was the last time?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Our OL and DL were clearly stronger than FSU's. Got great push on both sides of the ball. If we see the same against GS, it will make me very happy. Been 5 years since we've seen our OL dominate anyone on a regular basis, I think I have to go back to Tenuta days the last time our DL was stout but even then I don't remember them really dominating. Maybe 1990 was the last time?
The 08 DL was quite stout with Michael Johnson, Darryl Richards, Vance Walker, and Derrick Morgan

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Norvell says FSU's helmet communication went down in the 2nd half .... bbbut that's not why they lost.

And also the dog ate his homework playsheet.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Norvell says FSU's helmet communication went down in the 2nd half .... bbbut that's not why they lost.

And also the dog ate his homework playsheet.
The rule is if it goes down for one team, the other team has to shut theirs down. Not buying that one bit.