FSU Post game thread

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Low possession game

1724550921235.png

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
So much to enjoy from the game today. But one of my favorites was the exchange that happened coming back from commercial to start the fourth quarter. Tell me you aren't listening without saying you aren't listening.

GT ball. First and Goal at the 2. Going in to take the lead. Cue up the Billy Madison clip...

Katie: We're back in Dublin with Mike Norvell. Mike what do you have to do to get a goal line stand here?
CMN: Well, you know we've got to be sure that we're sustaining our drives. We've had a couple of opportunities to move the ball and gotten into positive territory. We've got to continue to capitalize. Had a few missed opportunities. They've done a good job of generating a pass rush...

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Well you can’t blame them and all the pundits for thinking GT couldn’t turn its run defense around completely in just one offseason. Obviously it takes one offseason plus one drive.
It wasn’t that for me. It was that they thought our OL was gonna get manhandled. We dominated uga DL last year and returned 4/5 and probably upgraded in the 1/5. Herbstreit in particular didn’t think our OL had a chance.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I like our #27 RB as another compliment to our run game. This team did what CBK said they were coaching them to do, tough mentally and physically and pound it out of the opponent and wear them down both mentally and physically by the fourth qt and win it in the fourth. Reminded me of 'bama against LSU many times under Saban.
Something tells me we're probably less likely to see the up one week down the next that we saw with last years team, let's hope not.
I really like where we are as a program and personally feel that one game at a time mentality that I hope we are living as a team. Going to be a very interesting and exciting year, or it at least feels that way.
I like our schedule and how it lays out, could be a confidence and momentum builder type schedule if we stay focused on each game. GO JACKETS!!