Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Correct, but to say we win without a fumble then blame CPJ just doesn’t go together. If it wasn’t for a players mistake, we aren’t saying something about CPJ.

Yeah, I don’t remember everyone saying how good CPJ was when Qua got the TD in Athens. I don’t remember anyone talking about CPJ’s prowess when we had the Miracle on Techwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Here’s the issue folks. The defensive GP was to stop the long pass, when you plan that you plan on the LBs controlling the middle. Our LBs are to slow to guess wrong. They missed a lot of tackles and they got hung up at the line often when they just ran head long into a pile rather than a gap.

ST did not do as coached — meaning stay in their lanes

As far as replacing Oliver. Oliver looked good but USF changed their GP to deal with him. The reason we were in 3 and 8 was because USF brought everyone up closer to the line. My question isn’t why was Oliver replaced my question is can Oliver pass ? If he could or can then 2 or 3 passes makes USF drop the safeties back again.

We never even gave the illusion Oliver was ever going to pass, that is the issue I have with today’s QB situation

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Here’s the issue folks. The defensive GP was to stop the long pass, when you plan that you plan on the LBs controlling the middle. Our LBs are to slow to guess wrong. They missed a lot of tackles and they got hung up at the line often when they just ran head long into a pile rather than a gap.

ST did not do as coached — meaning stay in their lanes

As far as replacing Oliver. Oliver looked good but USF changed their GP to deal with him. The reason we were in 3 and 8 was because USF brought everyone up closer to the line. My question isn’t why was Oliver replaced my question is can Oliver pass ? If he could or can then 2 or 3 passes makes USF drop the safeties back again.

We never even gave the illusion Oliver was ever going to pass, that is the issue I have with today’s QB situation

Oliver had good high school passing stats. I thought TM did a good job today but I would’ve finished the game with TO. I think we may have respected their pass game potential too much which left room underneath for Barnett to scramble. This killed us and I wouldn’t even call him a mobile QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Think about that comment for a minute and tell me it it makes any sense
Is Marshall a great passer? No. But he did ok today and Oliver isn't known to be a great passer either. It would be different if it were Lucas Johnson in the game.

Oliver played well running the basic offense. But yeah, 50% completion rate and all, give me Marshall in that scenario.

I missed it when Oliver threw a pass, I don’t think they asked him to try
Do you think maybe there's a good reason he didn't attempt a pass?

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
The title of this thread is completely ridiculous. Oliver played his was off and did well. Marshall played his was off and did well. The D couldn't stop a middling Group of 5 offense. Special teams was it's usual disaster under CPJ.