Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

It is not all his fault, but TO was the better option...are we all watching the same game? That decision is on CPJ not TQM, but Marshall is not a consistent QB...we saw it all of last year. Oliver has a better presence and the O seems to respond better to him...simple stuff here to see.
I don't disagree with you at all, but the fact remains that while he was in there, he never pitched (other than maybe a toss sweep) nor passed. I'm sure Johnson told him not to, but it was working. Would it have continued to work? We will never know.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’ll just leave this here.

From the AJC article:

Johnson said he didn’t consider going back to Oliver. A questioner noted that Oliver seemed to have a rhythm.

“Well, that’s your opinion,” Johnson said. “If you get to be the coach next year, put him in.”

We all know he doesn’t like the media, but when you get snappy like that, you’re either too ignorant/blind to understand why that was said, or you’re getting defensive because you messed up but can’t own up to it. This is his program, and he doesn’t own up to anything but winning.

CPJ is gone after this year. I’ve supported him long enough. His offense has been fun to watch, but his bad coaching, questionable play calling, bad media relations and general decline overall are unbearable now. I’m just over it, guys. The above quote should tell you a lot. I’m not the only one that was hoping TQM would’ve stayed on the sidelines.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree with you at all, but the fact remains that while he was in there, he never pitched (other than maybe a toss sweep) nor passed. I'm sure Johnson told him not to, but it was working. Would it have continued to work? We will never know.
He did pitch a few times for big gains to the A back. In fact, it opened the pitch up nicely on those few times. But hear what your saying and you have a point too, but just think TO is a better QB for our offense and will give us better chance as the season moves forward.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Who is the HC again? He is responsible for the whole thing. He may be the world's best OC, but he is not the best HC.
He’s responsible for a fumble? Interesting, because that’s what the discussion is about. But if we want to look at a common denominator, let’s look at the resources. Actually, if he’s not one of the top HC, show me someone else that does more with less better than him?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’ll just leave this here.

From the AJC article:

Johnson said he didn’t consider going back to Oliver. A questioner noted that Oliver seemed to have a rhythm.

“Well, that’s your opinion,” Johnson said. “If you get to be the coach next year, put him in.”

We all know he doesn’t like the media, but when you get snappy like that, you’re either too ignorant/blind to understand why that was said, or you’re getting defensive because you messed up but can’t own up to it. This is his program, and he doesn’t own up to anything but winning.

CPJ is gone after this year. I’ve supported him long enough. His offense has been fun to watch, but his bad coaching, questionable play calling, bad media relations and general decline overall are unbearable now. I’m just over it, guys. The above quote should tell you a lot. I’m not the only one that was hoping TQM would’ve stayed on the sidelines.
He didn’t mess up though, TM came in and passed the ball, something Oliver has never done at this level. He also was moving the ball perfectly fine but someone fumbled. The call was perfectly fine, the fumble was not. The issue is, the fans want to think that they know something when CPJ is the one who gets to see them in practice everyday, we don’t get to see that. So maybe, just maybe he knows something we don’t. Just a thought.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
From the AJC article:

The “questioner” wasn’t actually a questioner at that point. He stated his opinion and CPJ said he didn’t agree with his opinion. What’s wrong with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Same old tired response from CPJ...it gets old. Maybe he needs to start seeing things differently or retire.

He’s done better than CPJ? Wow, I must have missed all those ACCCG appearance and orange bowl wins.
You asked who has done more with less. Paul has caught lightning in a bottle twice at tech. What is his overall record? That's right mediocre like the majority of his predecessors. The real question what is his record without Josh Nesbot, JD, Bebe? With his own team the record isn't so great.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You asked who has done more with less. Paul has caught lightning in a bottle twice at tech. What is his overall record? That's right mediocre like the majority of his predecessors. The real question what is his record without Josh Nesbot, JD, Bebe? With his own team the record isn't so great.
We’ve made the ACCCG more than any other team minus VT in the costal. No matter what, that’s more success than the other teams. We have also had 4 or 5 games with 8 or more wins. I’m sorry but Cuttcliff has not had the success from a total stand point as CPJ.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Is Marshall a great passer? No. But he did ok today and Oliver isn't known to be a great passer either. It would be different if it were Lucas Johnson in the game.

Oliver played well running the basic offense. But yeah, 50% completion rate and all, give me Marshall in that scenario.

Do you think maybe there's a good reason he didn't attempt a pass?

You miss the point USF knew he wasn’t going to pass, if you try 2-3 they stay back and you can continue doing the Oliver thing.