Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

Scubapro

Banned
And away we go....I am sick of us finding a way to lose...seems like we cant put together a complete game of O, D and special teams

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Defense still sucks and we blow another 4th quarter lead ... SSDY. Don't know the anawean but thinking we will not win many games this year. If coach goes so be it. We just need to figure out how to play with a lead

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
The team is about where I thought it was, and I am a little surprised that long time Tech fans are super surprised by this.

USF isn't great, but we knew that this would be a game.

KO/ KO coverage is basically a recruiting problem: you either kick it out of the endzone or have a lot of fast guys who can tackle. We don't have either -- though Tariq, KO, Curry, Juanyeh and Quez showed some ability.

I was quiet on the BM hype all summer, but he looks the same as he has looked for the last three years. He is not an untouchable starter.

Let's see, we need a change. So who on this board is going to petition the school to add Liberal Arts degrees and lower the admission standards. O'Leary kind of did that, but only graduated player at a 45% rate. Today that would mean the loss of 8 scholarships. Yea, let's get rid of CPJ, the winningest coach in Tech History since the game changed in 1970. Folks, I have been watching tech since 1969. We lose some games we win some and we have some special times. We also go in the toilet, Bill Lewis and most of the Ross and Curry years. Yes, I will hear it but we won a NC under Ross, yes with a 2-9, 3-8,7-4 and 8-5 season.

Our Offense is the most feared in all College football and today proved no different. Turnovers hurt, particularly the fumble. Special teams, well maybe the kick coverage team should be much of the 1st team offense. But that means they would have to add 7 60 yard cover plays on top of playing defense. Defensively, we weren't bad the entire game, just in the end, when it counted. We lost 2 starters.

Yes, let's go get another coach and start over. How many 2-10 seasons do you want?
We have a lot of football to go. Let's see what Pitt has tonight and take it from there. And yes Clemson looms, but you never know. I was there in 2011 when they were a loaded team and we were coming off loses to UVA and Miami.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Let's see, we need a change. So who on this board is going to petition the school to add Liberal Arts degrees and lower the admission standards. O'Leary kind of did that, but only graduated player at a 45% rate. Today that would mean the loss of 8 scholarships. Yea, let's get rid of CPJ, the winningest coach in Tech History since the game changed in 1970. Folks, I have been watching tech since 1969. We lose some games we win some and we have some special times. We also go in the toilet, Bill Lewis and most of the Ross and Curry years. Yes, I will hear it but we won a NC under Ross, yes with a 2-9, 3-8,7-4 and 8-5 season.

Our Offense is the most feared in all College football and today proved no different. Turnovers hurt, particularly the fumble. Special teams, well maybe the kick coverage team should be much of the 1st team offense. But that means they would have to add 7 60 yard cover plays on top of playing defense. Defensively, we weren't bad the entire game, just in the end, when it counted. We lost 2 starters.

Yes, let's go get another coach and start over. How many 2-10 seasons do you want?
We have a lot of football to go. Let's see what Pitt has tonight and take it from there. And yes Clemson looms, but you never know. I was there in 2011 when they were a loaded team and we were coming off loses to UVA and Miami.

We should have won with the team we fielded today. It’s that simple.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Hell yea they should have won... they dominated on offense. Had over 600 yards of offense. TQM averaged like 11 per carry. Oliver came in and dominated them. Defense has to get a freakin stop.

What I saw today was that T. Marshall has zero confidence. The rest of the team reflects that... With Tobias Oliver the team seemed to play a little harder... Maybe I was watching something else
Yea, TQM had no confidents, a bad day, oh wait 13 carries 125 yards 9-18 passing for 189 yards and a touch down. He accounted for 314 yards of offense, would love to see when he is confident......

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
TQM had one bad throw. He played good otherwise.

USF has won 10 games for two straight seasons and competed in their conference finals, they may compete in them again this year. They are not a push over. That said, I’m a bit disappointed that they were able to for the most part neutralize the dive. I was also disappointed that they were able to get in the backfield. Their two starting tackles from last year are in the NFL.

Too many mistakes.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
No it didn’t lose us the game, TM came in when it was 3rd and long. It’s been said Oliver is not a good passer yet. Also TM was marching the team down the field, he’s not the one who fumbled and same thing could have happened with Oliver in the game.

BTW the offense put up 38 points, no matter who the QB was they didn’t lose the game. Special teams was the main issue with the D following closely.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
QB competition. Oliver stays we win. Wouldn’t have needed to pass if were getting 8 years a clip.
But TM came in on 3rd and long...... why didn’t we gain 8 yards before 3rd down lol? That’s the only reason TM was brought in. And to say we would have won is assuming we wouldn’t have fumbled like we did, btw it wasn’t TM who fumbled.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Yea, TQM had no confidents, a bad day, oh wait 13 carries 125 yards 9-18 passing for 189 yards and a touch down. He accounted for 314 yards of offense, would love to see when he is confident......
I guess I am the only one see a difference in the offense play after Marshall replaced Oliver... That was a confident Interception... I will not argue with that

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
We played soft on defense intentionally. The game plan was to make USF beat us with the run. That would have worked had ST stayed in their lanes. Basic football, you shouldn’t have to be told to stay in your area of responsibility at this level. That covo starts in 7th grade

GTFLETCH

Banned
South Florida game proves it... new scheme....new DC.... same leaky Defense..

Might be time to let Paul Johnson go!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Talent? All we had to do was NOT fumble. Poor coaching.
Wait, what? All we had to do is NOT fumble? I’m assuming you mean if that happened we would have won. But then you turn around and blame CPJ? Was he the one that fumbled? Maybe he shouldn’t have given the ball to a senior that’s had plenty of touches? I’m curious of what CPJ did wrong, when if it wasn’t for the fumble we would have won?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
PJ is just not putting a good enough TOTAL quality product/ team on the field.
So the OFF is successful but it also has tendency for TOs . CHECK.--- THe DEF is new but we have FIVE Srs starting and it still can't stop anybody.. CHECK. ---The STs have been erratic but now are terrible. CHECK.
Its not a good ,nor winning- product.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Wait, what? All we had to do is NOT fumble? I’m assuming you mean if that happened we would have won. But then you turn around and blame CPJ? Was he the one that fumbled? Maybe he shouldn’t have given the ball to a senior that’s had plenty of touches? I’m curious of what CPJ did wrong, when if it wasn’t for the fumble we would have won?

Yes, I blame CPJ. His teams lack intensity and focus. And the play reflects that.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the call to go to Marshall in a passing down.

Two kick returns is tough to stomach. d was gassed - guess we're still not there endurance wise. Much like Tenn last year, D shouldn't be tired after sitting most of the first half.

“I like the call to go to Marshall in a passing down”

Think about that comment for a minute and tell me it it makes any sense