Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Shades of last year still lingering. Blowing a 4th qtr lead.

Special teams atrocious to start.
Defense can’t stop a QB option.
Searcy is a senior and NEVER should have fumbled. Does the tennesee game come to mind?
CPJ makes some bonehead decisions and I don’t know why. A screen pass on 3rd and long before the half I think.
I don’t care what anyone says, Tobias Oliver should’ve never been pulled out. The team seemed to vibe and play differently with him. TaQuon comes back in for a 3 and out and a pick. I’m about ready to get rid of CPJ. I’ve been a supporter for too long but something has gotta give. This was pathetic and infuriating to watch. Good to know we started where 2017 left off

Oh yeah. We still can’t make open field tackles.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Tough loss. Hard to be too positive after seeing another lead slip. Maybe South Florida is really good? Because that’s about the only positive way I can look at it.

Scubapro

Banned
Nice try, but that's not poor coaching. They have been taught how to properly carry the ball, but the coaches can't carry it for them!
If you wanna blame the loss on not having the special teams ready to play then yeah...put it at PJ's feet...once again we had our chances...

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
This is unhinged. Marshall didn’t hold to make it 2nd and 20, and he didn’t fumble. If anyone is advocating firing the coach, the reason is the inability to put together a competent defense in just about every season he’s been here.

techfan4

Georgia Tech Fan
I don’t know what the answer is, but we failed at the small things today. You don’t replace a QB that has 3 TDs in 3 drives. Yes Marshall got us down there again and Searcy fumbles, but we had their defense on the ropes and we sent out a gimpy QB when the other one was torching them.

The other fact that is not lost on me: with Oliver in, CPJ called a much more simple game where our guys knew who to block (minus Jerry Howard who never seems to know who to block) and it seemed more like we were scheming against them. When Marshall is in, it almost seems like we get too cute and overthink the play calling. For years CPJ was the coach to stick to what was working and what the defense gives you. He did that with Oliver, he didn’t with Marshall.