Fall Camp Thread

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
The blitzing is anything but random. Dook/VT/Clemson fire gaps to take plays away / force other plays. It's classic tecmo super bowl defense.

If I were a DC, I would force TM to complete passes over the middle. Man up on the edges, float a centerfielder and play games with a robber. He struggles with passing lanes, which sucks bc so much of our O is about opening those ABs for homeruns.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
My take from the spring game on Tobias was that he is a really shifty runner, very good at manuevering through trash and finding a hole. His passing game did not look very good at all but it was hard to judge because he had zero time in the pocket due to pressure/poor pass protection.
If he is good at manuevering through trash then he is the one we want when we play uga :)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The blitzing is anything but random. Dook/VT/Clemson fire gaps to take plays away / force other plays. It's classic tecmo super bowl defense.

If I were a DC, I would force TM to complete passes over the middle. Man up on the edges, float a centerfielder and play games with a robber. He struggles with passing lanes, which sucks bc so much of our O is about opening those ABs for homeruns.
Imo his height is part of the issue. He can't easily survey the field and go through a read.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

OK, so Taquan said 3 guys would have to race for fastest guy on the team: Jair, JB (or JP?), and Nate. So, I know Jair Hawkins-Anderson and Nate Cottrell. Who is JB/JP? Jordan Ponchez (JP) Mason, maybe?

You'd think Jair would find a place on the field somewhere ... Seems like he might fit in better at AB, like a Broderick Snoddy but with better pass receiving skills, maybe? He's not finding a place at WR for whatever reason ... doesn't have our typical size for it for one thing. Seems more like an AB to me, build and skills wise.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
OK, so Taquan said 3 guys would have to race for fastest guy on the team: Jair, JB (or JP?), and Nate. So, I know Jair Hawkins-Anderson and Nate Cottrell. Who is JB/JP? Jordan Ponchez (JP) Mason, maybe?

You'd think Jair would find a place on the field somewhere ... Seems like he might fit in better at AB, like a Broderick Snoddy but with better pass receiving skills, maybe? He's not finding a place at WR for whatever reason ... doesn't have our typical size for it for one thing. Seems more like an AB to me, build and skills wise.
Yea I thought he said JB but I’m not sure who he was talking about.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When's the last time a GT qb has had time to survey the field?
How dare u insult Coaches best friend.
Only 2 years ago did Sewak learn that holding is legal. Dont u value loyalty?

I only know a minor amount about passing as son was ol. In high school we boosters broke down game films to see the way the opposing safeties moved against our air raid . If the kid moved one way or qb could then look at a side of in field.
He first took a quick look (surveyed) to a spot and the looked at his primary receiver. If covered he checked to a second receiver on the same side who adjusted his route based on the safety. It's really a simple 2 step process. Not surveying the whole field like peyton manning.

Qb in h s was bj Simmons- Also a pitcher. Went to texas tech -750 yds in one game!

BUT cutting our most tenured position coach some slack, our short QBs we need ol to keep dl at line of scrimmage so he can even see his pimary receiver. Add the wide gaps and this is a tough assignment for the ol.

Sad but some times our best plays is pass scramble.

Would be better if qb could easily look off the covered wr and see the ab wide open.

This year I am confident that sewak will keep the missed assignments to a minimum and t q m will hit a few streaking ab in single safety coverage.
Go sewak!

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Maybe he said KB (not JB)...as in Kirvonte Benson. Makes sense given Kirvonte's track speed in HS before his leg injury.

You've got to admire CPJ's system of meritocracy, but sometimes I wish he would say F it...let me put X at position Y, and let's see you stop me. I'd LOVE to see Jair in the slot and watch a safety or LB cover him on a seam route.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Sounded like he said JB. Jaytlin Brandon Askew maybe?

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
The crazy part about this whole thing is we all heard Taquon say, "JB". We all just find it really hard to believe that the fastest player on our team could be a walk-on, redshirt freshman named Josh Blancato. I know I find it hard it believe

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The crazy part about this whole thing is we all heard Taquon say, "JB". We all just find it really hard to believe that the fastest player on our team could be a walk-on, redshirt freshman named Josh Blancato. I know I find it hard it believe
Why are you up at 3:00 AM lol

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Maybe Ken Seguira knew who he was talking about or asked some extra questions to find out after the recording ... Ken if you're reading this, I look forward to your article about the fastest guy on the team with great anticipation.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
How dare u insult Coaches best friend.
Only 2 years ago did Sewak learn that holding is legal. Dont u value loyalty?

I only know a minor amount about passing as son was ol. In high school we boosters broke down game films to see the way the opposing safeties moved against our air raid . If the kid moved one way or qb could then look at a side of in field.
He first took a quick look (surveyed) to a spot and the looked at his primary receiver. If covered he checked to a second receiver on the same side who adjusted his route based on the safety. It's really a simple 2 step process. Not surveying the whole field like peyton manning.

Qb in h s was bj Simmons- Also a pitcher. Went to texas tech -750 yds in one game!

BUT cutting our most tenured position coach some slack, our short QBs we need ol to keep dl at line of scrimmage so he can even see his pimary receiver. Add the wide gaps and this is a tough assignment for the ol.

Sad but some times our best plays is pass scramble.

Would be better if qb could easily look off the covered wr and see the ab wide open.

This year I am confident that sewak will keep the missed assignments to a minimum and t q m will hit a few streaking ab in single safety coverage.
Go sewak!
Something tells me you are not a big Sewak fan?

Maybe if the wide receivers are having trouble getting open, we should target the Abacks first. I’m sure they talk when they come off the field, “Hey man, I’m wide open down the seam every time!” Usually, the wide receivers have a step on the corner, the qb sees him, but the throw is just off target, most of the time under thrown.