Fall Camp Thread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Joe Hamilton is not walking through that door. For that matter neither are those amazing OL he played behind nor the greatest OC in the history of the program.

Not entirely sure what you mean, but my post was in reference to the argument over whether our recent troubles spotting receivers are the result of the stature of our quarterback or the inability of the offensive line to block effectively in passing situations giving him enough time to spot them. I think it is probably about 80% the latter. I know Joe was a different time and situation, but the one constant between then and now is the height of our QB. If Joe had a great offensive line, that's exactly my point.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPJ visited the band today and got the hard hitting questions

Much harder to answer the students questions than media who doesn't want to get banned. I'm sure his answer was yes we are going to be better at FGs this year. No downside in that answer.

Another good question, "Will the team's performance under you be better than Gailey's after this year?" They are neck in neck now.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
When I was a kid my mom would buy me a new pair of shoes and I'd swear up and down that I was faster in those new shoes. The players are liking the fit of the new unis, but they're not gonna be breaking tackles or jumping higher because of them I can assure you. I'm such a party pooper!
Yeah because you as a kid, and these 18-22 year old men with rational thoughts are super comparable....

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
ECB92E39-CC6B-4A2E-9A7D-A992CAF69DE8.jpeg

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
We're not even going to be tackled anymore. The Russell jersey material is what was limiting our athletic ability all these years.

I'm only being silly, but it's funny how people are really thinking this is true.
Adidas gives everyone a 1 star bump.

More evidence that Russell pants were holding us back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Trey would still be here if we ditched Russell a year sooner....

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is EPIC. We're not gonna be stopped this year!

On a personal note though in all seriousness, I wore my new Adidas polo today and my work excelled even more than before.

Funny (to me) fan day story (relayed to me by wifey).

She was in a line with the kids, probably the Dline line. One of the players asked her how she liked the new unis. She didn’t know about the uni change and said so. They talked a bit more and the player mentioned they were wearing the jerseys for the first time. Then went on to mention how tight fitting they were saying “and they show every ounce of fat on your our bodies too.”

Several of our players every year manage to crack me up with the things they say. Great group of polite and personable guys. Makes me love Tech all that much more.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
interesting Campbell at Stinger.
Agree, and CPJ said he’s probably had the best camp back at safety. This shows me CNW is looking at different possibilities to get the best 11 on the field. If someone else can play FS better than the guys at stinger than you move Campbell to stinger and allow the other FS to play, that way your best 3 safety type positions are on the field.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree, and CPJ said he’s probably had the best camp back at safety. This shows me CNW is looking at different possibilities to get the best 11 on the field. If someone else can play FS better than the guys at stinger than you move Campbell to stinger and allow the other FS to play, that way your best 3 safety type positions are on the field.
I’m feeling Juanyeh at FS and Campbell/Jalen at Stinger

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’m feeling Juanyeh at FS and Campbell/Jalen at Stinger
Don’t forget about the other Thomas who is a freshman at stinger. CPJ also made mention of the grad transfer at FS and him knowing the system. If you look at our depth across the 4 LB’s or 3LB’s and a stinger (however you want to see it) we should be really really good. You have Swilling, and Cury rotating, Mitchell, and Jackson (freshman making noise) rotating, Henderson, and Alexander rotating, and then at stinger Johnson, Thomas, and now Campbell rotating.