1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Fall Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by BigDaddyBuzz, Jul 30, 2018.

1. BigDaddyBuzz

BigDaddyBuzz Helluva Engineer

is it to early? :) FYI players report Thursday with practice starting this Friday!!!!

2. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

GETTING READY!!! WOOOO hahaha

3. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

We can talk about what we expect their practice gear to look like until Thur. Yeah!!!!

4. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

And how it's the wrong shade of gold;)

5. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

Is it bad that my moms birthday is tomorrow but I’m more concerned about practice starting on the 3rd lol.......

6. jwsavhGT

jwsavhGT Moderator Staff Member

Is it bad that my husband's birthday is Thursday but I'm more excited about the players reporting that day?!

7. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

:cool::cool::cool::cool: I haven't kept up with my birthday in a decade or longer:LOL::ROFLMAO::playful:

8. 65Jacket

65Jacket GT Athlete

My birthday is 8/3, but birthdays don't matter much anymore. I look forward to the start of practice. I wish it was like the pre-internet days when I went to practice with my buddys.

9. alagold

alagold Helluva Engineer

I too loved to play but any way you cut it ,the practice in Ga in August is rough.

10. GTpdm

GTpdm Helluva Engineer

Hey...he’s just a husband. From what my wife says, they’re not all that big of a deal...;)

Our anniversary is tomorrow, but I think BOTH of us are more excited about: (a) Fall camp + Fan Day; and (2) getting away for some vacation between Summer and Fall semesters.

11. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer

Any open practices on the books??

Buzz*The*Plumber likes this.
  12. jwsavhGT

jwsavhGT Moderator Staff Member

Happy anniversary to you and @YJAlleyCat.

13. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

14. BigDaddyBuzz

BigDaddyBuzz Helluva Engineer

Can’t wait for tomorrow and Friday when it all starts.
    Key position battles to watch this camp: Outside LB and the entire secondary.

15. gtwcf

gtwcf Helluva Engineer

I'd add NT to that list. I didn't get the sense that this position was locked down during the spring.

I'm going to be interested to hear how the Thomas boys (Charlie and Juanyeh) do. I think they're the future on the outside.

16. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

We typically have a number 1/go to receiver. I think that’s a little up in the air right now with Brad having a slight edge. I think Jalen will give him a run for his money though.

17. RamblinWreck92

RamblinWreck92 Banned

I hope Jalen gives him a run. We gotta have a burner to keep Ds respecting the pass. Not sure Brad's got the speed to torch great/elite single-coverage DBs.

18. RonJohn

RonJohn Helluva Engineer

I suppose you mean that he can't possibly get behind 1st round draft pick Terrell Edmunds? I guess you mean that since Edmunds ran a 4.47 at the NFL combine that Stewart had zero chance of getting behind him and then beating him to the end zone for a 60 yard touchdown?

19. tech_wreck47

Camp wins that imo. That dude is just a big strong fast guy who can go get it. And from what I’ve read he’s got big time play making ability. (Not saying BS doesn’t)

20. tech_wreck47

I think you are misunderstanding his post, he’s not talking about when I guy gets sucked in trying to help with the run. He’s talking about beating a guy 1 on 1 when we are in a passing situation. I could be wrong though, that’s just how I took it.

Jacketman, thebull35 and UgaBlows like this.
Tags: