Fall Camp Thread

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The OL - what are we looking at right now ? Ivenmeyer Braun Lee Bryan Marshall -across the front? Was really hoping Cooper would be ready but he won't. When he is back - probably game 3 then move Lee back to tackle. Hope Marshall is healthy and ready. Tackle play last year was lacking at times. Braun and Cooper had their moments of making it happen and Bryan was steady. Braun on the pulls and Cooper on sealing off linebackers. A bit worried about depth given the uncertainty around Marshall.
Lee might stay at center even when Cooper gets back CPJ said, he said Cooper could move to guard. I also think Morgan is playing guard with the 1’s and Bryan is at tackle right now.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Here is where I see the depth on the OL:

1) Braun
2) Bryan
3) Cooper
4) Marshall
5) Lee
6) B. Morgan
7) Ivemeyer
8) DeFoor
9) S. Morgan
10) Hansen

Unless Cooper and Marshall remain healthy, we will perform like we did last year. We really need to accelerate the development of the other offensive linemen on our roster. Hopefully some of the young guys will refuse to stay on the bench.

Go Jackets!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Brad is gonna have a big year.
Define a "big year" please. I think he's already had big years. They just haven't involved the receiving yards. His blocking ability and intangibles on the field have been critical in achieving some of what we've achieved offensively. I assume you're talking about his receiving yards? Touchdown receptions? 3rd down receptions for a 1st?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
C236A31A-061F-44BF-957C-8CB102CD280E.jpeg
Not good.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I think it's probably time to consider lucas "injury prone" at this point. The kid just can't stay healthy. It's a shame because I've been really excited about him.

Man, and with him, probably goes the idea that we'll ever see a real passer in this offense at GT. It's just not gonna happen.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it's probably time to consider lucas "injury prone" at this point. The kid just can't stay healthy. It's a shame because I've been really excited about him.

Man, and with him, probably goes the idea that we'll ever see a real passer in this offense at GT. It's just not gonna happen.

When has he been injured? I don't remember any serious injuries with him - just knicks and bruises type stuff.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
When has he been injured? I don't remember any serious injuries with him - just knicks and bruises type stuff.
I’m pretty sure he’s had to sit out some because of injuries. If I’m not mistaken he’s has 2. Can’t remember what was injured or how bad though.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Define a "big year" please. I think he's already had big years. They just haven't involved the receiving yards. His blocking ability and intangibles on the field have been critical in achieving some of what we've achieved offensively. I assume you're talking about his receiving yards? Touchdown receptions? 3rd down receptions for a 1st?
All of the above... Blocking, big plays, punt returns. He’s been as patient as you can be.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
He had a hamstring and tendinitis...common, but not serious...
yep, but the sort of things that make one injury prone. Some people's bodies just don't hold up to the stresses of football, and are constantly havng low level, nagging injuries that hold them back.

It's startign to appear that LJ is one of those guys, and it DEEPLY bums me out.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If it is a non contact type of injury I’m really concerned about how his body is going to handle this style of offense if he gets the chance to go live. He’s been injury prone so far.