Fall Camp Thread

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Another one of CPJ's last minute signings that have ended up WAY better than the recruiting rating he came in with.
That always seems to be the case. 2013 was PJ Davis, 2014 was Clinton Lynch, and 2015 was Brad Stewart. All long-time starters. CPJ offered Kerr because we had a spot available and local high school coaches all told him he was the best uncommitted prospect in their area. That pass breakup against Virginia Tech last year was beautiful and showcased the advantage of having these taller, longer corners. Other last minute signings include Adonicas Sanders (2017) and Jordan Domineck (2018), two guys we've heard great things about thus far.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
No biggie only second day in pads, they will have their days.
Maybe I am just being alarmist but this is not a good sign to me. Akin to being on a new job and the second day on the job you are display behavior that you are hating the job. I mean this is the second day in pads. The first day everyone is hyper & jumping around, ready to hit. The week before they are talking about a new attitude & a new season. And the second stinkin day in pads the offense has “low energy”. My first thought is “not good” too.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I am just being alarmist but this is not a good sign to me. Akin to being on a new job and the second day on the job you are display behavior that you are hating the job. I mean this is the second day in pads. The first day everyone is hyper & jumping around, ready to hit. The week before they are talking about a new attitude & a new season. And the second stinkin day in pads the offense has “low energy”. My first thought is “not good” too.

It’s a nothingburger. Read camp comments from 2014. CPJ loves to rip into them during camp.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
2DE389B3-72EF-4CCD-B104-329DBF1F2693.jpeg

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He'll be moved back next year -- "numbers issue" with Sanders out and Dolphus dinged.

But really... he has to be on the field. Smoke routes r back.

I don’t get it either. You gonna burn his redshirt at WR? I can’t imagine that.

If you gonna move a QB why not Oliver?

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Understand - that's why I asked it the way I did... So, again asking if anyone knows the context. Sounds like a numbers thing
No one knows anything this is a message board...

He’s number 4 at QB so would he even be getting any practice reps? This move gets him some more PT and doesn’t burn his shirt if he plays less than 4 games.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Understand - that's why I asked it the way I did... So, again asking if anyone knows the context. Sounds like a numbers thing
KQ said it was a numbers thing, kinda..

But really, you wouldn't move him to another position unless he was going to play this year, so I'd imagine it's a "numbers thing" in that he is better than everyone but Dolphus and our current starters at WR, and we have numbers at QB. It's worth it to burn a shirt if he is going to be in the WR rotation. Always play the best players you have.