Fall Camp Thread

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
A consistently successful smoke route is a lot like a consistently successful dive, it opens up the offense by forcing the D to assign assets to stop it. No more safeties getting a head start to the allies to stop the pitch if they are worried about leaving their corners vulnerable. Safeties must stay back to protect the perimeter, that helps out so many of our plays.

Seems like it dropped off the playbook lately. I don't know if it's because our WR haven't been physical enough to make it work or if our QBs haven't been able to quickly get the ball to WR with good accuracy. For the WR side of things, Jalen Camp looks like the kind of guy who could shrug off a corner.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Seems like it dropped off the playbook lately. I don't know if it's because our WR haven't been physical enough to make it work or if our QBs haven't been able to quickly get the ball to WR with good accuracy. For the WR side of things, Jalen Camp looks like the kind of guy who could shrug off a corner.
Could also be that the CB's may be playing more up on us.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The play requires the corners playing off with a good sized cushion. Unfortunately, that requires the corners respecting the speed of our wide receivers.

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow

This comment is not meant to harp on B Mitchell - but with our new Adidas deal - why can't our guys ONLY appear on camera for interviews in GT gear? Polo / Pratice tee / Shell - I don't care. Just updated GT gear. Makes us look less sophisticated than I know we are. We have a good business school that would tell you these are lost branding opportunities.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This comment is not meant to harp on B Mitchell - but with our new Adidas deal - why can't our guys ONLY appear on camera for interviews in GT gear? Polo / Pratice tee / Shell - I don't care. Just updated GT gear. Makes us look less sophisticated than I know we are. We have a good business school that would tell you these are lost branding opportunities.
Idk, looks like he just got out of practice, he was probably sweating like crazy so he just put on a clean shirt he had laying around. I see where you are coming from though.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I hope the D absolutely dominates our offense throughout this camp. I hope they make them look like Toledo. I hope the only way the offense can move the ball at all is to perfectly execute option football 3-5 yards at a time, and I hope our offense is forced to learn to do that consistently again. If this happens on both ends, we might have a chance to beat Clemson (and Ugag of course ... which also means we may actually be a contender for the ACC and playoff).

As iron sharpens iron...

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Btw, as a former winner of the "Brod Snoddy Memorial award for recruits that ILTO is irrationally infatuated with" (other past winners include Nate Cottrell and Trey Klock), I can't wait to see Steve Dolphus put it together on the field.

Ever since he got associated with Herman Moore in my head, I've been itching to watch him hand-catch balls over the middle and use those long legs to outrun guys you think are faster than him.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Btw, as a former winner of the "Brod Snoddy Memorial award for recruits that ILTO is irrationally infatuated with" (other past winners include Nate Cottrell and Trey Klock), I can't wait to see Steve Dolphus put it together on the field.

Ever since he got associated with Herman Moore in my head, I've been itching to watch him hand-catch balls over the middle and use those long legs to outrun guys you think are faster than him.

LOL. I was in the "irrationally infatuated with Trey Klock" club, too. His HS film was my favorite OL film ever.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Idk, looks like he just got out of practice, he was probably sweating like crazy so he just put on a clean shirt he had laying around. I see where you are coming from though.
I agree, it's not on him as much as the SI dept telling them to put on something Adidas and Tech. It should just be common practice.

Edited to add - I don't expect the players to be thinking about these things, it's not their job. However before we step in front of the camera someone should be giving them a once-over and some tips etc. IMHO of course.