Fall Camp Thread

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Only issue I have with moving him if he plans on going back to QB, is taking away from learning the system as a QB.

And when did Dolphus get dinged up?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I don’t get it either. You gonna burn his redshirt at WR? I can’t imagine that.

If you gonna move a QB why not Oliver?

Do you think PJ would burn his redshirt unless he's in the top 3? He's not going to sniff the field this year at QB so slide him into a position that plays to his athleticism and see what he can do during camp and early games ;)

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you think PJ would burn his redshirt unless he's in the top 3? He's not going to sniff the field this year at QB so slide him into a position that plays to his athleticism and see what he can do during camp and early games ;)
My only fear is our dismal track record with gimmick WR/AB/BB passes. This almost guarantee's CPJ's itchy trigger finger is loaded with one.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
True, but maybe he could have made a move up the depth chart.
CPJ basically said his understanding of the o was like drinking water out of a fire hose. That nothing against him, CPJ has said that about all the QB. Unless you’re in the two deep you head to the scout team. He’s not going to be in the two deep at QB. If we lose a couple more WR , he might be needed. If that’s the case then might as well give him some time out there.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
After about two weeks they break out the scout team. So, he is only missing a week and a half of our system if he would have stayed at QB.
This. He was destined for scout team as QB4 i.e., he ain't practicing or learning to play QB in our system in about 1.5 weeks.

I also don't expect him to burn his shirt at WR. Now, if he's a dynamic return guy in PR or KR, then maybe he plays meaningful snaps this year. I think he's got the ability to succeed in that role, too.

GTFLETCH

Banned
This. He was destined for scout team as QB4 i.e., he ain't practicing or learning to play QB in our system in about 1.5 weeks.

I also don't expect him to burn his shirt at WR. Now, if he's a dynamic return guy in PR or KR, then maybe he plays meaningful snaps this year. I think he's got the ability to succeed in that role, too.
Tobias Oliver is the leader to replace T. Marshall unless something happens.... JG to WR/KR/PR just makes since

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I hope the D absolutely dominates our offense throughout this camp. I hope they make them look like Toledo. I hope the only way the offense can move the ball at all is to perfectly execute option football 3-5 yards at a time, and I hope our offense is forced to learn to do that consistently again. If this happens on both ends, we might have a chance to beat Clemson (and Ugag of course ... which also means we may actually be a contender for the ACC and playoff).
Hey man. Toledo is like my 2nd team. They're not scrubs on offense by any means. Should try to make them look like Bowling Green instead :)