Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It’s all about the lines. Our skilled positions are fine. We will continue to be manhandled (even worse) along the lines. I just hope Graham can survive the rest of this season. We hired Collins to recruit ourselves out of this hole. We didn’t hire him to out coach Cutcliffe, Brown, etc. We hired him to out recruit those guys so the 2019 and 2020 seasons are throw always. It sucks but that’s what we are looking at. I know we are frustrated but I gotta give Collins credit. Dude is busting it on the trail.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Do we have tremendous talent in the trenches? NO Do we have coaches, it would appear, that know how to scheme around this lack of talent? I think the answer so far is also a resounding NO.

For the umpteenth time, show me where this feat was accomplished? Show me a team with NO OLINE and a subpar DLine has produced winning, consistent football???

Last edited:

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
My only thought is circle this game next year. They intentionally ran up the score and have risen to my #2 most hated team. Payback in 2020.

Animal02

Banned
It’s all about the lines. Our skilled positions are fine. We will continue to be manhandled (even worse) along the lines. I just hope Graham can survive the rest of this season. We hired Collins to recruit ourselves out of this hole. We didn’t hire him to out coach Cutcliffe, Brown, etc. We hired him to out recruit those guys so the 2019 and 2020 seasons are throw always. It sucks but that’s what we are looking at. I know we are frustrated but I gotta give Collins credit. Dude is busting it on the trail.
That is such BS.....you do not Throw away seasons in college ball. If that is the mindset,the Collins and TStan should be canned immediately.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
You mean good scrimmage in garbage time. Duke had us 38-3 just before the half. They relaxed after that and tried to get out without any injuries. No moral victories with this debacle. Every game looks more and more like B*** L**** 2.0.

My eyes tell me different. And KQ reported Cutcliffe was telling people he was going to run up the score all week. He dissed us at the half, too. He did not call off the dogs today. We played better in the 2nd half.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Other than a few transfers, I am not seeing the DL and OL talent choosing GT that will make the difference. I do agree they are trying. Trying will not be enough, so I sure hope they can out coach some of these guys. How will we EVER beat UGAG or Clemson without superior coaching, or does this really not matter to some of you, as long as we beat Duke?

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
We actually tried a couple of times earlier. There was a quick hitter play where he and Carter collided and that threw off the play. There was the long pass into the end zone. And there was one Graham had to throw off his back foot due to the fact he was about to get clobbered that went to Oliver but ended up out of bounds. Remember that Oliver is also still learning to be a WR. Things like the collision with Carter will happen. I suspect he will be a fast learner and we'll find more and more ways to get him the ball on offense.
Yeah, one was thrown too far, but I felt TO slowed too soon, he will learn though.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
For the umpteenth show me, where this feat was accomplished? Show me a team with NO OLINE and a subpar DLine has produced winning, consistent football???

The academies perform miracles every year with greatly undersized and under-talented guys. I am basically agreeing with you, though. When we won the Orange Bowl in 2014, our talent across the DL was not that impressive. It was adequate. We did have ONE NFL OL, though.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I will blame the coaches when it’s time.
That's what I'm saying. For example, Brent Key is 1-16 in his last two years as a non-Alabama coach. That isn't indicative of Brent's ability to coach players who aren't the best in the sport. It just means the players can't do what Brent wants them to do. Brent shouldn't have to adjust, the players should.

slugboy

Staff member
According ro Rivals we were 43 and Duke was 49. I think the statement about players staying and developing is a lot more of the story. And of course injuries

Injuries are a big factor. Various forms of attrition are a factor. Duke has been recruiting well on the lines and at linebacker for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk