Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

Moral Victory....no we still lost by a lot. Again, to much passing. Mason and Howard could have made this a game. All the three and outs in the first half meant game over. It doesn't get any easier.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Nothing has changed. It is a waiting game until we get players that can run this offense enrolled. FWIW, I guess the pre-season pundits were absolutely correct picking us last in the conference. I didn’t give credit to just how unsuited our linemen were to run pro style over diving at knees.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Not able to watch. Can someone please provide who/what looked good and what did not....
Graham showed, again, his ability to stay in the pocket. Overall, not a good pass/comp %, but still love him. Mason showed good ability to run and find gaps as usual. Again, we had some receivers miss some catchable passes. Rush defense still needs major improvement on the edge. Offense needs to learn to move faster. PNode still refuses to do what works.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
If we can put together a full game defensively we may actually win something. That second qyarter was backbreaking.

Graham looked good. When the line gave him time.

Yates now apparently 2nd string QB.

We ran 1 play under center, it was the end game spike.

Tech has yet to coverthe spread.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
If we can put together a full game defensively we may actually win something. That second qyarter was backbreaking.

Graham looked good. When the line gave him time.

Yates now apparently 2nd string QB.

We ran 1 play under center, it was the end game spike.

Tech has yet to coverthe spread.

Yeah, needed to weather the storm in the 2nd quarter. That last pass would have beat the spread

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Our OL and DL need HGH and an unlimited supply of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, stat.

We can probably pull off the 2nd one but the first will be tricky.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Kmag said it. Duke was more physical on both lines. We never competed in several short yardage situations. Duke got out to a big lead in the first half and just waited out the clock in the second. We did look better in the second half, but I don't know how much that had to do with Duke's lead. I suspect if we had ever gotten close they would have scored a lot more.

I've lived through a lot of up and down eras, but it's hard to remember us being this bad.