Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

Scubapro

Banned
This is the truth. Near the end of the 2nd quarter was horrible. I don't know if CGC is one to raise hell, but this should have been his time. Come on coaching staff, lead and prepare better and win a damn game. If we can get our offense moving the ball better, our defense won't be worn down so much. We've actually improved with our open field tackling. One more thing, before the season started there was talk about moving players around to different positions. How about moving Jerry Howard to linebacker. That guy is kicking butt on the football field.
Its Chan ball all over again We will rack up 5 or 6 three n outs while our D gets gassed

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Other than a few transfers, I am not seeing the DL and OL talent choosing GT that will make the difference. I do agree they are trying. Trying will not be enough, so I sure hope they can out coach some of these guys. How will we EVER beat UGAG or Clemson without superior coaching, or does this really not matter to some of you, as long as we beat Duke?
Yeah, we are Vandy of the ACC.

Deleted member 2897

Other than a few transfers, I am not seeing the DL and OL talent choosing GT that will make the difference. I do agree they are trying. Trying will not be enough, so I sure hope they can out coach some of these guys. How will we EVER beat UGAG or Clemson without superior coaching, or does this really not matter to some of you, as long as we beat Duke?

Fake Boos.

There is such a huge difference from Clemson and Georgia to the rest of our schedule, that those 2 could beat us by 50 points every year but we could still win 10 games. Its a little bit of a false choice saying we have to compete with those 2 schools.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So why isn't he doing well at Duke. He's been there over a decade. Forest 4 to 5 years can be infrastructure bills, he should have done accomplishment to his name by now. I haven't seen anything from him.

Also why has no other school hire him away in that time span or even tried to? Since he would have done so much better here?
Tn tried to hire him again, he declined.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Fake Boos.

There is such a huge difference from Clemson and Georgia to the rest of our schedule, that those 2 could beat us by 50 points every year but we could still win 10 games. Its a little bit of a false choice saying we have to compete with those 2 schools.

Well, Chan was canned because he could not beat UGAG. A coach that never beats UGAG will not last forever. It really does sound like many will be happy if we can compete with the 11-30 recruiting teams each year.

Deleted member 2897

Well, Chan was canned because he could not beat UGAG. A coach that never beats UGAG will not last forever. It really does sound like many will be happy if we can compete with the 11-30 recruiting teams each year.

If we’re good enough to compete for the Coastal, go something like 6-2 in the ACC each year, and beat most of Virginia, VT, Duke, UNC, Pitt, etc, we will invariably beat Clemson and Georgia every few years.

Sidewalking

Banned
If we’re good enough to compete for the Coastal, go something like 6-2 in the ACC each year, and beat most of Virginia, VT, Duke, UNC, Pitt, etc, we will invariably beat Clemson and Georgia every few years.

These aint your mama's Clemson and UGA teams. They are playing at elite levels right now with young coaching staffs. Even after the USCe debacle of a game uga can still win the SEC and make the playoffs.

Deleted member 2897

These aint your mama's Clemson and UGA teams. They are playing at elite levels right now with young coaching staffs. Even after the USCe debacle of a game uga can still win the SEC and make the playoffs.

Yes. But they are not unbeatable. Georgia lost to a marginal South Carolina team. Clemson almost lost to a marginal North Carolina team.

Sidewalking

Banned
Yes. But they are not unbeatable. Georgia lost to a marginal South Carolina team. Clemson almost lost to a marginal North Carolina team.

UNC killed us. South Carolina probably would too. I'm hoping the team improves as the season winds down but the regression on D doesn't give me a lot of hope in all honesty. As for UGA...they turned the ball over four or five times and still made it to OT. I doubt they play that bad again the rest of the year. Clemson doesn't look nearly as good this year as they were last year. So maybe we will see them fall off a bit more. I am reluctant to bet against Dabo after his results the past 5 years.