Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
For the umpteenth show me, where this feat was accomplished? Show me a team with NO OLINE and a subpar DLine has produced winning, consistent football???

Saban ain't out-scheming anyone with our line. Nor any other coach. We're at a huge fundamental disadvantage right now before we even kickoff. No way to get around it right now.

We're literally playing 2 walk-ons on the OL. Not sure why some people want to blame CGC for this.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Pros
We can still be bowl eligible
UGA lost

Cons
- Our team is not prepared to play first half of ball games. I don’t know if it’s coach preparation or lack of mental focus, but it’s there.
- Mid half adjustments seem lacking. Our first drives of a game seem scripted well. As soon as defenses respond we seem to be out of moves.
- is personally thought it was a waste to run Yates out for one play, but I don’t think it’s too important.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What we had here boys was just better athletes and high rated recruits going up against us. We just couldn't overcome the vastly superior talent.

Nope. Duke's recruiting rating average is about 48 and ours is 49. That excuse will not wash. I really think that Cut could take our roster and beat Duke. The main difference is their defensive line is pretty good and ours is rather mediocre to poor. They are not all that great.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Saban ain't out-scheming anyone with our line. Nor any other coach. We're at a huge fundamental disadvantage right now before we even kickoff. No way to get around it right now.

We're literally playing 2 walk-ons on the OL. Not sure why some people want to blame CGC for this.
This year’s attrition is as bad as 2015 and we all know how bad that year was. Still hoping we can find lightning in 1 or 2 more of the remaining games.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
For me at this point it's not about winning - it's about being competitive. We haven't been competitive in any game other than USF and Citadel. Every other game was basically over by half. That's the biggest disappointment.

For those claiming the defense is better - if it is, it's very, very marginally better.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
And this exactly Cutcliffe was taking about. You need to have an edge to play this game. Up 31, f’ it!!! let’s make it 50. I want to EMBARASS YOU!!!

Thats how it looked to my eyes and I am proud of our guys for coming out for the 2nd half with some fight and preventing perhaps a historically bad loss. I truly believe that is what Cutcliffe was aiming for today

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought the OL played decent. I think to blame this season on the OL is a cop out. Just chicken s***. Our defense is not good. Our coaching has not been good either. We don’t recognize what we do well and what we don’t. Our offensive gameplan has bee erratic at best. I don’t put this loss on the coaching. But with very good coaching it could have been a game. Sad part is most of us don’t recognize how good of a game day coach PJ was.

Our defense isn’t really any better than before it seems. Our offense is just not cutting it. Would rather have Key calling the plays than what is happened now.

PJ got out-coached the last half-decade vs Duke. We scored more pts today in year 1 of CGC's scheme than we did in year 11 at home of PJ's scheme. PJ was terrible gameday vs Duke. Death-marching down 21 pts in the 4th qtr last year was disgraceful.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
For me at this point it's not about winning - it's about being competitive. We haven't been competitive in any game other than USF and Citadel. Every other game was basically over by half. That's the biggest disappointment.

For those claiming the defense is better - if it is, it's very, very marginally better.

Agreed - the D seems to have gone backwards the past 2 weeks as the O appears to be making strides.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow

Me either.

But I AM pissed at some of the play calling behind said crappy O line.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Thats how it looked to my eyes and I am proud of our guys for coming out for the 2nd half with some fight and preventing perhaps a historically bad loss.

We started second half better no doubt. However it was clear that Duke checked out pretty much the entire 4th. Cut started to just ground it out to burn clock.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Nope. Duke's recruiting rating average is about 48 and ours is 49. That excuse will not wash. I really think that Cut could take our roster and beat Duke. The main difference is their defensive line is pretty good and ours is rather mediocre to poor. They are not all that great.
No no no no... Duke has top 25 recruits and we have bottom 25. #fakenews

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We started second half better no doubt. However it was clear that Duke checked out pretty much the entire 4th. Cut started to just ground it out to burn clock.

With our run defense, running it isnt doing us favors. Lol. I just saw it differently than you guys.