Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

Animal02

Banned
I graduated in Dec 1994, so I was there for the entire miserable last season of CBL. And it was REALLY miserable. Got in a fight in the stands with a frat kid at the UVA game.

We came back from it all and it took 3-4 years. We’re seeing the same before our eyes right now. Well be back. It’s a waiting game.

This year was set in motion the very moment CPJ was hired, though I didn’t realize it at the time.
Bull

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Nothing to do with recruiting, it is coaching. If you are looking to get a bunch of 4 stars....you will be waiting a long time. Duke has never had a better class than us and they beat the crap out of us.
Nope. It’s recruiting. Our lines got destroyed. Duke out recruited CPJ.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
View attachment 6929

It’s never as good or bad as it seems. We HAVE TO GET OFF THE FIELD!!!

CPJ words on our margin of error when we make a mistake is razor thin! You can make rudimentary mistakes like not fill your gap or think you are so good that you don’t have to wrap up and cost yourself a targeting penalty bc it cost more than others right now. I admit I wish we had under center package for short yardage, but all that is null n void of block the wrong guy. Impressed with Graham and OL was so-so. WRs have to be stronger on contested catches. This is were Camp lost hurts us
Right on with #6 targeting call. I was making the comment a few plays before that about him not wrapping up, then this came. All on him. And 3rd and 4th down D needs work, ASAP

Nope. It’s recruiting. Our lines got destroyed. Duke out recruited CPJ.
Um that would be no. CPJs classes ranked higher than Dukes.....but as I always say recruiting stars mean nothing. It is all coaching and player development. As I have pointed out many of our best players were 2 stars. 6 of the players starting this season for us were 2 stars, Cooper, Camp, Kerr etc.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
When you give up 6.5 on 3rd and 7 and say our 3rd down D was decent and our 4th down D is what lost the game, I don't really know what to tell you.

So 1 play? They converted a 4th after a 3rd and 5 and another after a third and 2.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
What? We did fine on third down, Duke was 6- 16.

Also the playcalling was fine. A freshman qb missed some throws and our OL was typically bad, but what exactly was working that we avoided like the plague?
We allowed it to be 4th and very short and that means, in this league, 4th is another 3rd. But okay, we need a better short yardage D plan. Happy?

What happened that we avoided? Balance. First drive was a decent mix that kept the D honest. Small passes, runs, deep balls. What did we come out next and do the rest of the half? Run, run, run, designed QB keep, deep, deep, deep, run,run,run. We stopped the mix, we stopped the sink n dunk pass game.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 6929

It’s never as good or bad as it seems. We HAVE TO GET OFF THE FIELD!!!

CPJ words on our margin of error when we make a mistake is razor thin! You can make rudimentary mistakes like not fill your gap or think you are so good that you don’t have to wrap up and cost yourself a targeting penalty bc it cost more than others right now. I admit I wish we had under center package for short yardage, but all that is null n void of block the wrong guy. Impressed with Graham and OL was so-so. WRs have to be stronger on contested catches. This is were Camp lost hurts us

Its an amazing stat line. One would think this was a 3 point game