Demetris Robertson

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
He tried the academic route. It wasn't for him. It's about football period.
Plus the car or truck or suv he wants plus all the other fringe benefits he will get at ugly on top of staying in the gym all day long . Education my a—- he’s like 90 percent of the players at these types of semi pro football. teams . THWG !!!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Sure but the extra irritating part here is, if you recall, Roberson pretended to be interested in Georgia Tech’s level of academics. Hence his original choice of Cal-Berkeley rather than some football factory. (Not to mention he practically played an A-back position in high school.)

To see him transfer back in-state to go to the cesspool instead of becoming a Yellow Jacket is extremely disappointing.

Let’s enjoy this funny memory here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Commit to the g like you were supposed to”...as if the kid has to do what his “masters” want instead of making his own choice. I see plantation mentality is alive and well among uga fans.

After watching that video, it is obvious that is what he is looking for. He wants to develop at WR in order to play on Sunday. Do we really think we can offer that? Player development for the NFL at WR? I'm not talking about just blocking, but running more routes than a vertical jump ball.
And he is going to get this at UGA? Georgia is a run first team as well with a pro-style offense. Fromm primarily throws 8 yard out routes.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He wants to play on Sunday’s, UGA offers the best chance of him getting the attention needed for him to do so. He’s not having to learn to play A-back for a system that will target him once maybe twice a game as a receiver. He made a business decision, not mad about that.

There’s nothing wrong with a UGA degree.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
iirc, he had a difference make relative that was a g t grad. guy had come through gt and was well thought of by the family .

Rightfully, we spent lots of coach and recruiter time courting this native ga guy.

i wonder if the new wider net recruiting had some roots in this kid.

Deleted member 2897

40 arrests in the last 6 years and a 41% graduation rate. Sounds like the perfect place for a guy who values academics and a high level Civil Engineering Degree. I guess rumors his Mom was in ailing health were false. She always wanted him to go to Georgia Tech, so there’s no way he would shove that in her face during a rough time.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He wants to play on Sunday’s, UGA offers the best chance of him getting the attention needed for him to do so. He’s not having to learn to play A-back for a system that will target him once maybe twice a game as a receiver. He made a business decision, not mad about that.

There’s nothing wrong with a UGA degree.

6’ 185 lbs and injury prone doesn’t sound very promising for the NFL

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Best team money can buy. Yet 2 of the last 5 years they haven't even finished as a ranked team. Its absolutely amazing they can do that poorly, while playing in the single worst division in all of P5.

To be fair, 3 of those 5 years were under a coach who was fired for performing at the level you mention in your post. Jury is out on their new guy. I remember how a lot of GT fans held on to the idea that Dabo was a clown for several years. Try as we might to think of ourselves as logical engineers, I think bias can creep in in these type of conversations. I am not saying CKS will be Dabo Swinney...I am just saying there isn't enough data to conclude that the trend will continue. It may..and we hope it does. But I think it's a bit early to draw any conclusions about Uga under their new coach.

Deleted member 2897

To be fair, 3 of those 5 years were under a coach who was fired for performing at the level you mention in your post. Jury is out on their new guy. I remember how a lot of GT fans held on to the idea that Dabo was a clown for several years. Try as we might to think of ourselves as logical engineers, I think bias can creep in in these type of conversations. I am not saying CKS will be Dabo Swinney...I am just saying there isn't enough data to conclude that the trend will continue. It may..and we hope it does. But I think it's a bit early to draw any conclusions about Uga under their new coach.

With dozens of 5-star players, being in the weakest division in P5, there is simply no way they can't win 10 games. Of course, Richt won 10 games a few years ago and didn't finish ranked because of how awful their schedule was.