Demetris Robertson

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
The guy started out saying academics were important, wanted Stanford IIRC. Seems like somebody got in his ear and told him he really doesn't need to work that hard academically, because he is " a 1st round NFL pick " lock. Typical story ........Yawn ......goes to factory on the east coast where mama can see him play.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The guy started out saying academics were important, wanted Stanford IIRC. Seems like somebody got in his ear and told him he really doesn't need to work that hard academically, because he is " a 1st round NFL pick " lock. Typical story ........Yawn ......goes to factory on the east coast where mama can see him play.
Well supposedly his mom might be sick. And as another poster said your priorities change when something like that happens. So I can’t blame him if that’s the case.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Or is this a forever ongoing refrain from fans everywhere when someone goes elsewhere - “we didn’t want him anyway”.

upload_2018-7-8_23-16-1.jpeg

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
How did WVU get in the mix? Seems like he’s transferring just to go to a bigger school to get his name out there better. Not sure why WVU even made the list but he’s making a pretty damn risky move going from the top guy at Cal to having to start over at Bama or uga. I give him credit for believing in himself but he could cost himself the NFL entirely if the chemistry isn’t right at his next stop.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
How did WVU get in the mix? Seems like he’s transferring just to go to a bigger school to get his name out there better. Not sure why WVU even made the list but he’s making a pretty damn risky move going from the top guy at Cal to having to start over at Bama or uga. I give him credit for believing in himself but he could cost himself the NFL entirely if the chemistry isn’t right at his next stop.
That was why I didn't neccesarily think his Mom's health was a factor. WVU .....WTH ??
At any rate, it seems academics is no longer a priority for him. Best of luck to the guy.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

That was why I didn't neccesarily think his Mom's health was a factor. WVU .....WTH ??

I think one of his Cal coaches is there now.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I think one of his Cal coaches is there now.
Makes sense. Texas seems like a good landing spot for him. Tons of TV exposure and a perfect shot to be the #1 guy. Uga usually needs receiver help so he could do well there too. Alabama has so much talent it sometimes just depends on who fits best in their system for the 1 year their offensive coordinator will be there.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
At any rate, it seems academics is no longer a priority for him. Best of luck to the guy.

Can we please stop with this academics nonsense about why a kid commits or doesn’t commit to Georgia Tech???

I know several student-athletes that have received offers from Georgia Tech that academically would have no business at Tech because I have had them in my classroom or had them on the field. Academics is not the reason they are/are not coming to Tech.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Can we please stop with this academics nonsense about why a kid commits or doesn’t commit to Georgia Tech???

I know several student-athletes that have received offers from Georgia Tech that academically would have no business at Tech because I have had them in my classroom or had them on the field. Academics is not the reason they are/are not coming to Tech.
Somebody hasn’t been reading the freshman articles. :rolleyes:

MidtownJacket

Staff member

I am interested in what you’re saying here. Is your suggestion that you do not believe kids come to GT for top level academics AND athletic competition? Seems like there are los of examples where the SAs say they did come for that very reason and prove it ( Ben Lammers, Sean Bedford, Trey Braun to name a few).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk