Demetris Robertson

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
18 5-Star players bout to be flat on they back come 11/24/18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using 247 sports I counted 15 in the last four recruiting classes currently on campus. And that includes Eason (he gone) and Trenton Thompson (?).
Whatever the number is, prepare yourselves for another round of disappointment and heartbreak, Mutts.

Deleted member 2897

If Demetris Robertson's Mom is ill, this is a terrible way to treat her. She always wanted him to go to Georgia Tech. So not only does he transfer to uGA, but he applies for a waiver to get on the field as quickly as possible. Way to rub it in your own Mom's face DRob.

Deleted member 2897

Here was uGA's official NCAA petition - pretty simple and straight forward actually:

5rnjI9l.png

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Here was uGA's official NCAA petition - pretty simple and straight forward actually:

5rnjI9l.png

If you've been paying attention, there's been several players from other universities/conferences that have also been granted immediate elegibility.

Deleted member 2897

If you've been paying attention, there's been several players from other universities/conferences that have also been granted immediate elegibility.

Quick question for you - do you honestly think that I posted that picture as a serious application to the NCAA?

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
As I think back over the last thirty or so games against uga, I can only remember a couple of times when we were really on a roll late and lost to the curs: 2009, maybe 2006, and the SEC ref stolen game in '91. Usually by the end of the year, we are worn out and drop a couple of games (or two of three) prior to playing them. The losses to them are just a continuation of a downward trend that starts in early November. I doubt seriously this guy or any of their other 5 starts change that. If our defense begins to step up by then, and the offense isn't full of walking wounded, I like our chances especially since the game is in athens.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Of course you did - when you completely sell your soul to win a football game, these types of threads hurt. 40 arrests in the last 6 years. 41% graduation rate in the last 6 years. And for what? 2 of the last 5 years you haven't even finished ranked. With the best talent money can buy.

Man it must really suck to be so sour about someone/thing/place.

And honestly, I don't really care about the arrest numbers, graduation rate, etc. That's their business. I'd imagine the fans of other big programs feel the same way. The only teams that ever bring that kind of thing up are the lower level programs that don't have much else to throw at you. South Carolina fans like to do the same thing.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Or Demetris illness which was being sick of academics at California;)
That's what has bothered me about all this DR hoopla. Back when he was being recruited ," academics " was a priority. He wanted Stanford ( maybe over us ? ) but didn't get it, so then chose Cal. After a year at Cal , found out that Cal is not so easy either - you actually got to go to class and study. Who knew ?? I figure someone surrounding the Dwag program got in his ear , told him to mention other schools he might transfer to so that it would look legit, but it was actually a recruitment by the Dwags. No studying , no classes , no pressure , football all the time , 1st round pick in the draft, close to home , it's all good. Who wouldn't ??

Deleted member 2897

Man it must really suck to be so sour about someone/thing/place.

And honestly, I don't really care about the arrest numbers, graduation rate, etc. That's their business. I'd imagine the fans of other big programs feel the same way. The only teams that ever bring that kind of thing up are the lower level programs that don't have much else to throw at you. South Carolina fans like to do the same thing.

Thank you for backing my post up. Go $EC. You don't care about the University, you just want to win a football game. And that's exactly the type of culture that permeates places like uGA, and its the type of people you recruit, and so you end up in this endless circle of self-fulfilling prophecy.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
That's what has bothered me about all this DR hoopla. Back when he was being recruited ," academics " was a priority. He wanted Stanford ( maybe over us ? ) but didn't get it, so then chose Cal. After a year at Cal , found out that Cal is not so easy either - you actually got to go to class and study. Who knew ?? I figure someone surrounding the Dwag program got in his ear , told him to mention other schools he might transfer to so that it would look legit, but it was actually a recruitment by the Dwags. No studying , no classes , no pressure , football all the time , 1st round pick in the draft, close to home , it's all good. Who wouldn't ??
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Thank you for backing my post up. Go $EC. You don't care about the University, you just want to win a football game. And that's exactly the type of culture that permeates places like uGA, and its the type of people you recruit, and so you end up in this endless circle of self-fulfilling prophecy.

Just because a football player has a tough time graduating doesn't mean I don't care about the university and it really doesn't affect the academic landscape of the school anymore than a regular student would. If anything it's giving guys who wouldn't normally have an opportunity at a degree the chance to obtain one and hopefully do something with it. The choices they make during their time at UGA is up to them.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Just because a football player has a tough time graduating doesn't mean I don't care about the university and it really doesn't affect the academic landscape of the school anymore than a regular student would. If anything it's giving guys who wouldn't normally have an opportunity at a degree the chance to obtain one and hopefully do something with it. The choices they make during their time at UGA is up to them.

So why don't you take you happy little a** back over to dawgnation and cozy up with the rest to the toothless inbreeds?

Deleted member 2897

I know you don’t think it does affect your reputation, but it does. It’s why the NCAA tracks it and everyone reports on it. Most anybody else who finishes last in all of P5 on academics would be shocked and start trying to figure out how to fix the problem.

What’s amazing to me is how you can have a combination of what the SEC does – outside of a couple teams one of the weaker football conferences in the country, yet at the same time have supposedly the most talented athletes, but also the worst academics and the most discipline problems.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I know you don’t think it does affect your reputation, but it does. It’s why the NCAA tracks it and everyone reports on it. Most anybody else who finishes last in all of P5 on academics would be shocked and start trying to figure out how to fix the problem.

What’s amazing to me is how you can have a combination of what the SEC does – outside of a couple teams one of the weaker football conferences in the country, yet at the same time have supposedly the most talented athletes, but also the worst academics and the most discipline problems.

You know you can't teach a dwag anything other than how to lay down and roll over. By nature and inbreeding an english bulldog is one of the stupidest creatures on God's green earth. Just ask Sonny Siler

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow

The ACC has Virginia, Pittsburgh, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College, and North Carolina. Not exactly storied football programs on a year-in-year-out basis. As far as being the most talented, just look at recruiting rankings and NFL draft numbers. No need to include "supposedly".

And I was referring to the academic rep of the University as a whole, not just that of the athletic programs. 85 people isn't going to affect it that much. It certainly doesn't seem to affect recruiting from what I can see.

The ACC has Virginia, Pittsburgh, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College, and North Carolina. Not exactly storied football programs on a year-in-year-out basis. As far as being the most talented, just look at recruiting rankings and NFL draft numbers. No need to include "supposedly".

And I was referring to the academic rep of the University as a whole, not just that of the athletic programs. 85 people isn't going to affect it that much. It certainly doesn't seem to affect recruiting from what I can see.
Obviously it doesn't affect recruiting in Athens, and other places like the cesspool. Hell, when any illiterate redneck pothead can get in school to play football or whatever, why would it affect recruiting? And overall, Georgia doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation for academics; it doesn't even rank in the top 50 universities in the country.