Demetris Robertson

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
With dozens of 5-star players, being in the weakest division in P5, there is simply no way they can't win 10 games. Of course, Richt won 10 games a few years ago and didn't finish ranked because of how awful their schedule was.
UGAG will slip and go 8-4 this season. I think after thet get crushed by 12-0 Alabama in the SECCG they will play Penn State in the Outback Bowl.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I hate to disagree with that optimism, but they will absolutely sleepwalk through the sec east, and then be 1 win away (sec championship game) from going back to the playoffs.
UGAG's offense will miss Chubb and Michel badly and their defense lost a lot.

SEC East

1)Georgia 8-4 and 5-3 in the SEC

2)Tennessee 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC

2)South Carolina 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

2)Florida 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

5)Kentucky 6-6 and 3-5 in the SEC

6)Missouri 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC

7)Vanderbilt 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC

Deleted member 2897

LOL. Just off the top of my head I can think of 2 5-star RBs and 2 4-star RBs on their roster. These guys (White, Cook, Holyfield, Swift) were the #1 RB in the country, the #1 All-Purpose Back in the country, the #2 RB in the country, and the #3 RB in the country.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Just off the top of my head I can think of 2 5-star RBs and 2 4-star RBs on their roster. These guys (White, Cook, Holyfield, Swift) were the #1 RB in the country, the #1 All-Purpose Back in the country, the #2 RB in the country, and the #3 RB in the country.
Remember my prediction when UGAG goes into the SECCG with an 8-4 record;)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

SEC East

1)Georgia 8-4 and 5-3 in the SEC

2)Tennessee 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC

2)South Carolina 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

2)Florida 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

5)Kentucky 6-6 and 3-5 in the SEC

6)Missouri 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC

7)Vanderbilt 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC

One of these teams is not like the others.....hint 18 5-stars. I DO hope your right Mike, i just don’t share your optimism.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
To be fair, 3 of those 5 years were under a coach who was fired for performing at the level you mention in your post. Jury is out on their new guy. I remember how a lot of GT fans held on to the idea that Dabo was a clown for several years. Try as we might to think of ourselves as logical engineers, I think bias can creep in in these type of conversations. I am not saying CKS will be Dabo Swinney...I am just saying there isn't enough data to conclude that the trend will continue. It may..and we hope it does. But I think it's a bit early to draw any conclusions about Uga under their new coach.

Dabo eventually landed teh Coardinator hires of all hires with Venables. A man that should probably have his own gig but clemson pays to keep him.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Kirby has done a great job but I honestly believe Richt would’ve done good enough at Uga last year to get an extension. They’re division is a dumpster fire and constantly rotating 2-3 coaches a year

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
UGAG will slip and go 8-4 this season. I think after thet get crushed by 12-0 Alabama in the SECCG they will play Penn State in the Outback Bowl.

If UGA finishes 8-4, they wouldn't make it to the SECCG. And even if they did, 8-5 gets you to the Liberty/Music City/Belk, not a New Year's Day bowl

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Kirby has done a great job but I honestly believe Richt would’ve done good enough at Uga last year to get an extension. They’re division is a dumpster fire and constantly rotating 2-3 coaches a year

Kirby's had one great year, which followed one very lackluster year.
And as for all their stars at RB, I say unto you ... Richard Samuel was a 5 star. And how many stars did Jasper Sanks have? (I don't recall but he was one of, if not the, top RB in his class).

South Carolina was 9-3 last year. Florida will be better. Tennessee ... eh, cant be worse than what they were last year. UGa may go to the SEC CG but they will have at least two conference losses.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Florida may be down a couple more years, SC is coached by Muschamp, UT is a big ? 8-4 could actually win the SecE but i just don’t see the 4 losses.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If uga goes 4-4 with this conference schedule I will laugh my damn *** off. LSU and Auburn should be their only challenges and they should easily be 6-0 by the time they go to Death Valley.
@SC
@MIZ
TN
VAN
@LSU
UF
@UK
AUB

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’m not saying these guys won’t do well because they probably will. However, a big time UGA fan I know was a little worried about them after the spring game he said none of them looked that good.

Deleted member 2897

I’m not saying these guys won’t do well because they probably will. However, a big time UGA fan I know was a little worried about them after the spring game he said none of them looked that good.

Not surprised to hear. They have tons of them, so they'll be able to find at least 1 that is good. But that's the problem when you recruit to win the class rankings national championship and not off actual talent, fit to your schemes, cultural fit, etc.