Demetris Robertson

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
If Robertson really wanted to go to a SEC school closer to home in Savannah ... he shoulda chosen South Carolina. It's closer to Savannah than Athens is. Pretty easy route, too. Going from Savannah to Athens ... ugh. And not just because of the destination.

Deleted member 2897

The ACC has Virginia, Pittsburgh, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College, and North Carolina. Not exactly storied football programs on a year-in-year-out basis. As far as being the most talented, just look at recruiting rankings and NFL draft numbers. No need to include "supposedly".

And I was referring to the academic rep of the University as a whole, not just that of the athletic programs. 85 people isn't going to affect it that much. It certainly doesn't seem to affect recruiting from what I can see.

Ah yes I remember the 2017 draft where you had.....ONE, LOL.

Deleted member 2897

If Robertson really wanted to go to a SEC school closer to home in Savannah ... he shoulda chosen South Carolina. It's closer to Savannah than Athens is. Pretty easy route, too. Going from Savannah to Athens ... ugh. And not just because of the destination.

I believe his mom is in Green-something to the west of Atlanta. Either way going to uGA probably took years off her life. He wanted to be a Civil Engibeer and just transferred from like the #5 CE school in the country to unranked. He basically just said academics schmacademics. Poor Mom.

Deleted member 2897

The ACC has Virginia, Pittsburgh, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College, and North Carolina. Not exactly storied football programs on a year-in-year-out basis. As far as being the most talented, just look at recruiting rankings and NFL draft numbers. No need to include "supposedly".

And I was referring to the academic rep of the University as a whole, not just that of the athletic programs. 85 people isn't going to affect it that much. It certainly doesn't seem to affect recruiting from what I can see.

Of course it doesn’t affect recruiting. You aren’t recruiting based on academics. For the guys who are elite athletes who are marginal college education prospects the SEC is it.

LSU is one of the SECs better teams and they lost to Troy last year LOL. We routinely get 10+ bowl games in the ACC and show well. It’s especially amazing because every year the SEC has 10 teams ranked in their recruiting classes. But they scoop up all the undisciplined marginal education troublemaking prospects.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
It seems like a lot of sour grapes around here with D-Rob choosing uga and getting granted immediate eligibility. I don't like to see the mutts have nice things either but let's face it, he was never truly considering GT. It always seemed more like a favor to his mother that he even put us in the conversation. As the competition we face gets better so to must we. And I believe we are well on our way to be prepared to compete with and beat the ugas, clemsons, and miamis of college football.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Ostensibly due to his mother's illness IIRC

Is this a joke? Sorry but the NCAA doesn’t grant eligibility waivers just because a family member is currently sick. Jack DeFoor got his approved because of Ole Miss recruiting violations, not because his dad had a sore throat. Nobody wronged DM - seriously how was his request even considered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Is this a joke? Sorry but the NCAA doesn’t grant eligibility waivers just because a family member is currently sick. Jack DeFoor got his approved because of Ole Miss recruiting violations, not because his dad had a sore throat. Nobody wronged DM - seriously how was his request even considered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone is sick (not minor like a soar throat) you can requests immediate eligibility for moving closer home to be with family.

Deleted member 2897

I can’t speak for others but there are no sour grapes here for me. Georgia has a monopoly on elite football recruits so one more here or there doesn’t mean a hill of beans to me. It’s just another opportunity to make fun of them.

I mean for Pete’s sake, they spend something like $30 million a year more than we do on their football team – and they haven’t beaten us at their place since 2012.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow

Not sure if this has changed recently, but yes the NCAA has issued family hardship waivers. That was how Tashard Choice transferred from Oklahoma and was allowed to play immediately.

At the end of the season, his mother fell ill and Choice applied for a medical hardship to return home and play for Georgia Tech. His hardship was granted and he transferred to Tech by spring 2005.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tashard_Choice

Here is another reference to Family Hardship Waivers:
Family hardship waivers are some of the most common and most controversial waivers decided by the NCAA. The reason it is so controversial is many student-athletes in football and basketball request these waivers, and whether one is granted or denied can seem inconsistent.
https://www.athleticscholarships.net/ncaa-transfer-exceptions.htm

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If someone is sick (not minor like a soar throat) you can requests immediate eligibility for moving closer home to be with family.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the 'hardship' waiver has been eliminated. I think they just review each case individually now. This gives them the leeway to just clear guys like this Robertson kid, imho. "Oh we looked into it and ... he's cleared. Why? Uhm, can't reveal why. Bwah, bwah, privacy concerns. Wink, wink ... oh crap, did I say that out loud?"

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Nah, I'm pretty sure the 'hardship' waiver has been eliminated. I think they just review each case individually now. This gives them the leeway to just clear guys like this Robertson kid, imho. "Oh we looked into it and ... he's cleared. Why? Uhm, can't reveal why. Bwah, bwah, privacy concerns. Wink, wink ... oh crap, did I say that out loud?"
Even if that’s the case, he probably would have still became eligible if his mom is sick and that hardship waiver was still in affect.