Dedrick Mills suspended

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
As bad as it sounds to say this. I don't see him here next year. He's been suspended twice during the season, what the hell is he going to do with an entire off season? It's a damn shame because this kid could be something very special here and he still could be but I'm not holding my breath.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
I have trouble placing too much on this without knowing why. If he missed class or practice time, then I am not overly concerned about his character. He is young and not every kid makes great decisions all the time. He needs an upperclassmen as a mentor to get him to do better.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's 2 separate incidents. His first suspension was for missing a practice. This suspension for 2 games is the 2nd strike for a particular problem he has. One more strike for this offense and he's gone. Very troubling that this is really 3 stupid things in only his first year. As others have said, unless he really gets help or a major wake up call, I can't see him lasting much longer at GT or anywhere other than Juco

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
So the up and coming star suspended again. Nice. This team is snakebit. We went from having a glut at bback to once again having very little back there if MM can't go.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... wow... just wow... :(

This may explain the comment I heard today that we may see QW or KB play this week (not just on special team).

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
He ain't gonna last long if he doesn't get his **** together. This is now 4 games of his first year here that he has been suspended for. I'll be pulling for Marshall and hope he gets the start at UGA too. I wouldn't be bit surprised if Marshall gets more reps with the 1's in Spring just as security.

Three. The fourth he was out with a concussion.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't up to CPJ. School makes the rule.

Interesting, but not sure I understand since I do not know what he did.

Are you saying the school determines what punishment is for violation of "team rules"? Such as missing practice, or mouthing off to a coach, or any number of other violations not involving Police, Honor Code Violations, or violating rules applicable to every other student?

Or did he violate a rule applying to every student, etc.?

I can not imagine any coach turning over team discipline to the school not involving a violation of school policies.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting, but not sure I understand since I do not know what he did.

Are you saying the school determines what punishment is for violation of "team rules"? Such as missing practice, or mouthing off to a coach, or any number of other violations not involving Police, Honor Code Violations, or violating rules applicable to every other student?

Or did he violate a rule applying to every student, etc.?

I can not imagine any coach turning over team discipline to the school not involving a violation of school policies.

Student Athlete policy set by the school.