Dedrick Mills suspended

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
So technically it's actually the AA's rule. But either way i'm sure they get input from the school and coach. Regardless - i am more worried about Mills getting strike 3 and being gone.

Does anyone know that this is for weed or another 3 strike related infraction?

Or are we just speculating?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Didn't someone say after his last suspension (perhaps even Johnson), that it wasn't anything big, at least implying that it wasn't weed?
His last suspension was nothing related to the 3 strike rule. This is the first time he has ever been suspended for this offense which is the 2nd strike of this offense. Basically 3 issues total. 2 related (2game suspension) and 1 not related (1game suspension).

His last suspension was nothing related to the 3 strike rule. This is the first time he has ever been suspended for this offense which is the 2nd strike of this offense. Basically 3 issues total. 2 related (2game suspension) and 1 not related (1game suspension).
You are correct. It was something he did over the summer that led to the first strike. Do we know what that offense was?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So many so quick to condemn his future as a Jacket. Is it out of bounds nowadays to suggest we entrust decision makers, in the know, to administer appropriate punishments while we continue to support and wish well for our guys until they are actually no longer on the team?

Never mind just pass judgment with near zero actual facts to the circumstances.

99jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in Waycross and know Dedrick. What I know about this young man is that he is a great fit for Tech when it comes to mindset and work ethic. He is a very hard working individual. However, he also has made the decision to subject himself to influences that have led to some bad decisions. The fact is Dedrick has to get off the fence and decide that he wants to succeed worse that he wants to hang out with people who will bring him down. I am hoping for him to get it straightened out but I worry because he hasn't shown the inclination to turn away from his bad habits or the people who empower them.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The fact is Dedrick has to get off the fence and decide that he wants to succeed worse that he wants to hang out with people who will bring him down. .

This is perhaps the most common dilemma that most people, especially young ones, face in life. Everyone says they want success. However, not everyone wants to do what it takes to be successful. most seem to opt for the easier path in life.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in Waycross and know Dedrick. What I know about this young man is that he is a great fit for Tech when it comes to mindset and work ethic. He is a very hard working individual. However, he also has made the decision to subject himself to influences that have led to some bad decisions. The fact is Dedrick has to get off the fence and decide that he wants to succeed worse that he wants to hang out with people who will bring him down. I am hoping for him to get it straightened out but I worry because he hasn't shown the inclination to turn away from his bad habits or the people who empower them.

Who are these undesirables that seem to always be bad influences our SAs? Are they other SAs? If so why aren't the othe SAs getting caught? This seems to me the silliest of excuses. Someone throwing their future away to smoke weed. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I guess it is true that the frontal lobe in young men isn't fully developed until they reach the age of 24, so it makes them incapable of understanding consequences of their actions. Sad.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why does it matter what he did? He's letting his team down, two whole games worth of let down in addition to previous let downs. When you're on a team, you either put the team first or you don't. Some kids never get the memo. I hope he does and more so for himself than the fans.

Let he who has walked a mile cast a stone in another man's shoes.

Or something like that...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Let he who has walked a mile cast a stone in another man's shoes.

Or something like that...
I didn't say anything after the first offense.... or the second. This is the third. Does it sound like the kid is learning to you? How many chances do you give? At some point you call a spade a spade. Also, it does the kid no good at all to slap his wrist and say "don't worry about it, we all make mistakes...." How does he ever learn? As much as I hate to lose him for two games, I applaud CPJ for playing the tough parent role. Our society would be better off if more real parents did the same.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I didn't say anything after the first offense.... or the second. This is the third. Does it sound like the kid is learning to you? How many chances do you give? At some point you call a spade a spade. Also, it does the kid no good at all to slap his wrist and say "don't worry about it, we all make mistakes...." How does he ever learn? As much as I hate to lose him for two games, I applaud CPJ for playing the tough parent role. Our society would be better off if more real parents did the same.

based on experience in manufacturing plants dealing with hourly employees and now as a HS teacher, my experience leads me to believe if a person doesn't learn the rules of how to operate within rules or parameters at HOME at a fairly early age, they almost never do later in life. Some people seem to stumble through life without the ability to understand how to "fit in". It's as if they are playing a game where everyone else has been given instructions but them. And they can't figure it out. And pay tremendous consequences for it.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Man, if only the morality police held their presidential candidate up to the same strict standards as their 18 year old, non-paid, college football superstar

. . . i know, i know. I'll show myself out to the banned section of the forum.

I think you're safe because your comments apply to all the candidates this year.