Dedrick Mills suspended

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Marshall, then Allen, and, perhaps Quaid. I'd like to see Quaid. Losing Mills puts at a real disadvantage against VT, however.

As to all the speculation about Mills: lighten up. He's still a kid and all of this may be behind him shortly. Too bad he fell for whatever it was that got him suspended, however.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So first, the kid knows the consequences and broke the rules...twice...no excuse.

But just a thought...we might be at a pretty big competitive disadvantage by suspending kids for pot (if that's what this is). The NCAA doesn't really have strict rules on this, and a lot of other schools deal with it in different ways (i.e. they do simple stuff like get the kid counseling).

Whether you think smoking pot is a big deal or not doesn't really matter...it'd just be nice if the NCAA, or at least the conference came up with a standard discipline for this sort of thing so that everyone is playing by the same rules. Works that way in the NFL...

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a privilege to play CFB, especially at a P5 school and get a great "free" education. It's not a right. Sometimes you have to "cut" the cancer out so it doesn't spread. I don't buy the "he's just a kid" crap" at all. Shape up or ship his A$$ back to south Georgia.

Jmonty71

Banned
Wasn't up to CPJ. School makes the rule.
Actually the HC makes those decisions that the NCAA does not have strict rules on. Otherwise, how does UGA put together a team? Drugs, DUI's, assault, the list goes on. If it was up to the school, they would do what is in best interest of the school, so the NCAA doesn't lay the hammer down. If it's up the coach?? Depends on the coach. CMR, when at UGA showed all he cared about was winning. Suspending players and holding the suspensions for games like Lower Alabama Community College, type teams. At least CPJ does these immediately. I respect that. It shows he has integrity.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure everyone understood your meaning here cause this post should have a 1000 likes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome. If you're looking for a good first post, suggesting that "everyone" failed to understand something is always a good move. (y)

Seriously, I think most people understood what was being said but didn't "like" a dig against our leading rusher, regardless of how clever and possibly true. tifwiw

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually the HC makes those decisions that the NCAA does not have strict rules on. Otherwise, how does UGA put together a team? Drugs, DUI's, assault, the list goes on. If it was up to the school, they would do what is in best interest of the school, so the NCAA doesn't lay the hammer down. If it's up the coach?? Depends on the coach. CMR, when at UGA showed all he cared about was winning. Suspending players and holding the suspensions for games like Lower Alabama Community College, type teams. At least CPJ does these immediately. I respect that. It shows he has integrity.

That's fine if that's what you want to believe. I'm not going to sit around and argue with you about it.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure 33jacket is correct. This is CPJ's policy on this stuff. 1st strike - internal discipline. 2nd strike - 2 game suspension. 3rd strike- you're out. That is why it's a violation of TEAM rules, not School policy.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Kelly has been around the program every day for years...maybe you know something he doesn't.

I'm pretty sure 33jacket is correct. This is CPJ's policy on this stuff. 1st strike - internal discipline. 2nd strike - 2 game suspension. 3rd strike- you're out. That is why it's a violation of TEAM rules, not School policy.

People in this forum know me as a uniter not a divider. I'm a "can't we all get along" contributor. So, let me say, I think there's a way in which you're both right. CPJ established the team rules and consequences so that now it's not a new decision of CPJ. (and no one say the decision to not make a new decision or exception is still a decision, @33jacket )

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well I think this is just peachy..

Regardless of the issue, this is why you have a bench. Maybe it will be the shot one of our guys who is buried in the Depth Chart needs to up their game and make a splash.