Dec 2

GTFLETCH

Banned
Northern Colorado had their game against UF canx... I am sure they would play us... The key to playing a DVD team is we must beat Duke for 6 wins...then it does not matter who we schedule... If we lose to Duke and UGA we need a G5 team

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Northern Colorado isn't just FCS level, at this point it's 2-7 FCS level, though they might be 3-7 after this weekend, facing a surprisingly poor Cal Poly squad. (Early in the season UNC had a respectable 21-41 loss to Colorado. )

Assuming Tech defeats Duke and/or Georgia, a game with the likes of Northern Colorado would be little more, probably, than a glorified scrimmage and a chance for guys deep on the depth chart to get some game time, something I consider a good thing for team morale (and it would be nice for those two redshirt frosh QBs to end the season by taking some snaps in a real game). A victory over Northern Colorado wouldn't get Tech a better bowl, because only one victory per season by a given FBS team over a FCS team can count toward bowl eligibility.

If the players want it and it can be done, great, do it. If Tech doesn't have to pay a mint for UNC to enjoy a money game, great.

Frankly, I'd much prefer a Dec. 2 game with UTSA if it could be worked out -- an FBS-level foe (currently with a 5-4 record, and two games to come).

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
People just don’t get it.

If we schedule some 12th game, that means our guys will totally overlook the ugag game.

I mean, with Chattanooga or western Carolina to be played the next week, it would be so easy to overlook ugag.

Plus the excitement of knowing the giant crowd we would draw while most of the conference championships are being played that day. Maybe an 11 p.m. kickoff time would be fun.

Another bonus is we can afford to lose more money!

People just don’t get it.

If we schedule some 12th game, that means our guys will totally overlook the ugag game.

I mean, with Chattanooga or western Carolina to be played the next week, it would be so easy to overlook ugag.

Plus the excitement of knowing the giant crowd we would draw while most of the conference championships are being played that day. Maybe an 11 p.m. kickoff time would be fun.

Another bonus is we can afford to lose more money!
I don't think the players will be overlooking the mutts, not matter whom (if) they play. But you are right about the attendance; it's bound to be bad. I think I would rather it be an away game, but we know how all of those have gone this year :(.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have won three games against teams who are in one of the Power 5 conferences. The cumulative record of those three teams against Power 5 opponents is 4-17. We literally have beaten no one.

Still waiting to hear your praise of our team beating a quality ranked opponent with a winning record.

Nothing but crickets.....is that because you are scouring the VT opponents records against their opponents to attempt to diminish the VT record and continue to claim we have literally beaten "no one?"

Come on MacFaddy2/EF Hutton .....

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Northern Colorado isn't just FCS level, at this point it's 2-7 FCS level, though they might be 3-7 after this weekend, facing a surprisingly poor Cal Poly squad. (Early in the season UNC had a respectable 21-41 loss to Colorado. )

Assuming Tech defeats Duke and/or Georgia, a game with the likes of Northern Colorado would be little more, probably, than a glorified scrimmage and a chance for guys deep on the depth chart to get some game time, something I consider a good thing for team morale (and it would be nice for those two redshirt frosh QBs to end the season by taking some snaps in a real game). A victory over Northern Colorado wouldn't get Tech a better bowl, because only one victory per season by a given FBS team over a FCS team can count toward bowl eligibility.

If the players want it and it can be done, great, do it. If Tech doesn't have to pay a mint for UNC to enjoy a money game, great.

Frankly, I'd much prefer a Dec. 2 game with UTSA if it could be worked out -- an FBS-level foe (currently with a 5-4 record, and two games to come).

UTSA could be motivated to play us if they lose this weekend and bowl eligibility remains in the air.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I

Would love to play UF but do they have a head coach ? One problem we have most team don't want to play our offense. Plus they loss a home game not sure they would to come here with uga and Alabama ( or Auburn ) playing the same day in the same city.

Hell, I’d be fine with us playing them down in the swamp...it’s practically a bowl destination and would be a guaranteed win.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Another option would be UMASS, they played Hawaii and would get a 13th game... the UMASS AD Ryan Bramford use to work at GT. Seem slike if UF, Houston, UTSA does not work out we should reach out to them...

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Another option would be UMASS, they played Hawaii and would get a 13th game... the UMASS AD Ryan Bramford use to work at GT. Seem slike if UF, Houston, UTSA does not work out we should reach out to them...
You only get 13 games if you go to Hawaii. Hawaii went to UMass

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
it would be kind of funny if it was either way though. Hawaii would be the most popular nonconference opponent because all the programs that sell out every game would be all over getting them to get another home game
GT needs to do a home and home with Hawaii:cool: I wonder how many season ticket holders on the GT Swarm Board would go to Hawaii for the away game?