Dec 2

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We have won three games against teams who are in one of the Power 5 conferences. The cumulative record of those three teams against Power 5 opponents is 4-17. We literally have beaten no one.
Never confuse objective facts with whining. No one wishes the results were more different than me, as a certain head coach says, "its comes down to record and you are who you are"
"We literally have beaten no one".

Since that is not an objective fact, do you consider it whining?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Nobody's discounting the importance of COFH. We all want to win that one badly, especially this year at BDS!
But come on man you could say EVERY bowl is meaningless besides the playoffs. Why be all miserable about it? Not gonna lie I just want to see our team in a bowl game, even if it's the Detroit or Bahamas Bowl in front of 9,000 I don't care.

No, I honestly could NOT say every bowl is meaningless besides the playoffs. Gator, Peach, Citrus, Orange, etc. are pretty meaningful

I am saying if we win the next 3 a bowl will take care of itself without some 12/2 game.

But, damn. We beat ugag last year and STILL did not sell our allotment of Gator tickets. And I understand a vast majority of teams still lose $ on a lot of these minor bowls.

Why do we put ourselves in position to have to beat some numbnutz team on 12/2 to make just any bowl?

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
But, damn. We beat ugag last year and STILL did not sell our allotment of Gator tickets...

Yeah our mediocre turnout for the Gator [TaxSlayer] Bowl is pretty irritating. (I was there.) Our Yellow Jackets earned a weekend NYE game within 5 hrs drive of Atlanta vs an SEC opponent - that's essentially the most ideal scenario we Tech fans can hope for besides the nearly impossible Peach - and we still couldn't sell it out. That was the best value bowl trip of a decade and so many of my GT friends didn't go. Smh

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Hopefully they just wanted to hold-off announcing til after this weekend. Keep the team's focus on the Virginia Tech do-or-die task in front of them.

Pulling the trigger if we lost gives the kids something more to play for. Or confirming a 12th game after a big win comes as good news.

Either way, we should hear something on Monday or Tuesday or I agree it ain't gonna happen.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
How about Navy?
- Navy won't win their conference division so no game for them on 12/2.
- They play Army on December 9 so playing GT can only help them prepare for the triple option.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
UTSA had their 2 Sep game with Houston Cancelled... So UTSA to Bobby Dodd on 2 Dec makes the most $en$e for both teams. Additional home game for us... A nice payout for them and a 12 game for everyone

This would be awesome for me as utsa is where I graduated from.