Dec 2

GTFLETCH

Banned
Seems like the new AD has some work to do I regards to scheduling.. Besides firing C PJ and changing offense schemes, what can The AD do to fix this? Pay more money to FCS and G5 teams?

GTFLETCH

Banned
Just play the games scheduled and that's all you can do;)
Yes, but this may explain why our OOC scheduling usually sucks.... we have had two years (2008 and 2013) of multiple FCS teams on the schedule and now this... 11 games because no one wants to play us... I wonder why this headline is not written all over the USA Today "Georgia Tech most feared team in America" and then talks about the 2008 and 13 seasons....talk about UCF being bitches (could have come to Atl), no one else wants to play us and then Bama cancelling their series with us a few years ago...

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Yes, but this may explain why our OOC scheduling usually sucks.... we have had two years (2008 and 2013) of multiple FCS teams on the schedule and now this... 11 games because no one wants to play us... I wonder why this headline is not written all over the USA Today "Georgia Tech most feared team in America" and then talks about the 2008 and 13 seasons....talk about UCF being bitches (could have come to Atl), no one else wants to play us and then Bama cancelling their series with us a few years ago...
(y)

JanKemp

Georgia Tech Fan
People just don’t get it.

If we schedule some 12th game, that means our guys will totally overlook the ugag game.

I mean, with Chattanooga or western Carolina to be played the next week, it would be so easy to overlook ugag.

Plus the excitement of knowing the giant crowd we would draw while most of the conference championships are being played that day. Maybe an 11 p.m. kickoff time would be fun.

Another bonus is we can afford to lose more money!
We wouldn't overlook uga

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This is really getting absurd.

There are, I believe, 9 conference championship games on 12/2.

And we think we will get a good opponent for that day?

Or does anyone really think we can somehow sell 50,000 tickets for a game that day to play some FCS directional school?

Let the GTAA put out a list of schools that we seriously tried to play that day.

I know, why don’t we just win the 2 games remaining on the freaking schedule!

Last edited:

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This is really getting absurd. It's a GT message board, what do you expect?

There are, I believe, 9 conference championship games on 12/2. Sounds right.

And we think we will get a good opponent for that day? No. Any FBS opponent will do, they wouldn't have to be good. Actually, bad is preferable for a lot of reasons.

Or does anyone really think we can somehow sell 50,000 tickets for a game that day to play some FCS directional school? Again, ticket sales wouldn't be the driving factor, and FCS would most likely be off the table to begin with as it wouldn't count towards bowl eligibility.

Let the GTAA put out a list of schools that we seriously tried to play that day. And what would this serve? You might need to schedule those schools later, so why embarrass them now?

I know, why don’t we just win the 2 games remaining on the freaking schedule Agreed. !

GTFLETCH

Banned
If Tech loses to Duke, do you think that 12th game will miraculously get scheduled?
Nope... We either have folks interested or we do not... It seems unless GT is willing to go to UTSA (Houston game was at UTSA) they are not interested. It appears we do not want to sign a FCS as a replacement.

I think the teams we would be able to contact at FBS level are:

Florida
Houston
UTSA
Colorado State (Hawaii Rule)
San Diego St ( Hawaii Rule)
Fresno State (Hawaii Rule)

FCS
Northern Colorado (UF game was canx, never scheduled make-up game )
Western Carolina (Hawaii rule)

I think the GTAA reached out to the FBS school and got zero interest... If we beat Duke, we are Bowl eligible and a FCS team could be added for the 12th game... Not sure if they would do that..But they should, especially for the seniors!!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Nope... We either have folks interested or we do not... It seems unless GT is willing to go to UTSA (Houston game was at UTSA) they are not interested. It appears we do not want to sign a FCS as a replacement.

I think the teams we would be able to contact at FBS level are:

Florida
Houston
UTSA
Colorado State (Hawaii Rule)
San Diego St ( Hawaii Rule)
Fresno State (Hawaii Rule)

FCS
Northern Colorado (UF game was canx, never scheduled make-up game )
Western Carolina (Hawaii rule)

I think the GTAA reached out to the FBS school and got zero interest... If we beat Duke, we are Bowl eligible and a FCS team could be added for the 12th game... Not sure if they would do that..But they should, especially for the seniors!!

I could see why florida wouldn't want it even if it wasn't us. they probably want this season over with.

JanKemp

Georgia Tech Fan
This is really getting absurd.

There are, I believe, 9 conference championship games on 12/2.

And we think we will get a good opponent for that day?

Or does anyone really think we can somehow sell 50,000 tickets for a game that day to play some FCS directional school?

Let the GTAA put out a list of schools that we seriously tried to play that day.

I know, why don’t we just win the 2 games remaining on the freaking schedule!
Other teams have arranged it, why can't we?

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
The reason why is that playing the triple option on two weeks notice sucks. Bowl games are a different monster, and they still usually get at least two weeks dedicated just towards the option. Its a pain in the *** to plan around and teams are copping out, but i really can't blame them as id likely do the same thing in their shoes. sucks we missed out on the UCF game (possibly, as they are really freaking good)

As for 2013, we played 2 FCS teams that year as the ACC was rumoring to switch over to a 9 game confrence schedule at that time, so us and UNC (and possibly others?) were stuck with playing two FCS schools as the newly opened non-confrence schedule had to be filled in a jiffy. Most teams plan their OOC non-FCS schools YEARS in advance (ours is essentially filled out til 2021, with us adding the assumed FCS school in 2020, and everyone but our FCS team scheduled in 2025)

JanKemp

Georgia Tech Fan
Absurd? Do we want GT to win the next 2 games? Of course, AND a bowl game!
But dammit I don't want to finish 8-4 or7-5. This team deserves a shot at another Win to end up 9-4, 8-5, or God forbid even 7-6.
I just want another game to get excited about ! Football season is short , get all the games we can