Dec 2

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yeah our mediocre turnout for the Gator [TaxSlayer] Bowl is pretty irritating. (I was there.) Our Yellow Jackets earned a weekend NYE game within 5 hrs drive of Atlanta vs an SEC opponent - that's essentially the most ideal scenario we Tech fans can hope for besides the nearly impossible Peach - and we still couldn't sell it out. That was the best value bowl trip of a decade and so many of my GT friends didn't go. Smh

I couldn't miss that one - its same distance from house to BDS as gator bowl. Jacksonville on the river is beautiful.

Would love a rematch!.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah our mediocre turnout for the Gator [TaxSlayer] Bowl is pretty irritating. (I was there.) Our Yellow Jackets earned a weekend NYE game within 5 hrs drive of Atlanta vs an SEC opponent - that's essentially the most ideal scenario we Tech fans can hope for besides the nearly impossible Peach - and we still couldn't sell it out. That was the best value bowl trip of a decade and so many of my GT friends didn't go. Smh

Look I bought 6 tickets and brought all six people. That being said the matchup with Kentucky was not all that great to get people to come. I knew we would whip them and everyone I talked to felt the same way. The other people who did not go went to Ireland early in the season, I personally hope we never do that again.

If we want to play a game like that lets go to Hawaii.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Only 2 schools took advantage of the Hawaii exemption this year. That means that San Diego State, Fresno State, Colorado State, and Western Carolina are all eligible for a 13th game this season. Fresno State is probably going to the Mountain West championship game, although San Diego State isn't eliminated yet I don't think.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Only 2 schools took advantage of the Hawaii exemption this year. That means that San Diego State, Fresno State, Colorado State, and Western Carolina are all eligible for a 13th game this season. Fresno State is probably going to the Mountain West championship game, although San Diego State isn't eliminated yet I don't think.
Western Carolina would be an easy win;)

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
It's gonna be damn near impossible to get that's 12th game. It's damn near impossible to schedule OOC with the triple option and doing it on 2 weeks notice is even more of a no-no. If we get someone it will be a G5 but likely no one at all

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If we win this weekend then we could also play an FCS opponent since we wouldn't need the win for bowl eligibility. Extra game means extra practice, extra game prep, etc. It can help develop the younger plays.

...hell, if nothing else we could see one of these younger QB's all of you guys are calling for ;)

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Why are we talkin about Western Carolina? Seems a team like Chattanooga would take a 12th game before playoff contender WCU would go for a 13th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTFLETCH

Banned
If we win this weekend then we could also play an FCS opponent since we wouldn't need the win for bowl eligibility. Extra game means extra practice, extra game prep, etc. It can help develop the younger plays.

...hell, if nothing else we could see one of these younger QB's all of you guys are calling for ;)
True... Plus it means a home GAME!!!!!!!!!!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
12 regular season games :D unless you play Hawaii in HI.
I should have read through before posting... others pointed out the 13 game allowance with Hawaii being an away game opponent. Only other way yo get to 13 or more games is via a bowl game.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Why are we talkin about Western Carolina? Seems a team like Chattanooga would take a 12th game before playoff contender WCU would go for a 13th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I brought them up because I was looking at teams that had a 13th game exemption. I didn't realize that UTC only scheduled 11 games this year. The FCS team that was involved with the Florida game cancellation is a possibility too, I would presume. And you are right that WCU wouldn't agree until they are eliminated from the playoffs. I'm just trying to decipher who we might be talking to about another game because it's a fun thing to do on a message board.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I brought them up because I was looking at teams that had a 13th game exemption. I didn't realize that UTC only scheduled 11 games this year. The FCS team that was involved with the Florida game cancellation is a possibility too, I would presume. And you are right that WCU wouldn't agree until they are eliminated from the playoffs. I'm just trying to decipher who we might be talking to about another game because it's a fun thing to do on a message board.
it'd probably be a waste of time to play WCU though. We've already used our 1 FCS win for the year so it wouldn't do anything for for bowl standing

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Get mixed signals
Family members of staff say yes too extra games.
Player says too expensive as we win DUKE and play ok against his.
I will go w player as we almost beat Miami, played reasonable clemson , beat vt. That's bowl eligible in my book.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Get mixed signals
Family members of staff say yes too extra games.
Player says too expensive as we win DUKE and play ok against his.
I will go w player as we almost beat Miami, played reasonable clemson , beat vt. That's bowl eligible in my book.
When GT beats Duke they should go ahead and play Chattanooga or Western Carolina for a 12th game because they're Bowl Eligible anyway. It would be good for the young players to get playing time.