Dec 2

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Only way we get a 12th game is by snagging a game against another 5-6 team, which i dont think exists as florida would have been the only chance (not that they would have wanted to play w/ a new coach). 1 team with 5-7 record gets a bowl from what i saw yesterday afternoon (may be more now) which would be vanderbilt based of APR.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
never mind we could also try ga state for the same day as army navy as they are already bowl elgible but i dont know if we are allowed to schedule games that week

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So do you dispute what he said?
I belatedly read Bradley's piece and it's a good piece and in my mind a fair judgment. Maybe because he is saying what diehard Johnson fans don't want to admit --- maybe those 7-5 or 6-6 years are regressions to the mean and we have to live with it -- and what the fire-the-coach crowd says every losing Saturday: proof that he can't coach and all we have to do is hire this guy they heard of from New England or some other $10 million man and a NC will walk through the door.

I have waited my 24 hours -- being miserable -- and after some thought want to look at other threads for maybe a better response. GT is going to have an uphill battle in the division every year against Miami, VT and UNC (if UNC gets a coach who isn't always angling for the next big job), and for the ACC title, well. Clemson. Louisville. FSU. And none of that considers almost certain investments in improvement -- some of it continuing -- with Syracuse, NC State and Pittsburgh. Guys, this is a tough football conference and it's no accident that our conference champion of late has twice played for the national title.

It will not quiet the critics, but Bradley is right. And when Clemson is offering Parks & Recreation and social studies majors while Tech is tossing out something like Applied and Environmental Microbiology, well, who do you think gets that defensive tackle? (I just made up that major, by the way, so lighten up.)

Efforts like Duke and Georgia has me questioning coaches, too. But you know what? Coaches shouldn't have to ask kids to play hard. That whole idea is foreign to me. And that is whole other issue maybe.