Dec 2

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Can’t you just see it?

We qualify for a bowl game before adding a 12/2 game.

We schedule a 12/2 game.

Come the bowl game, hardly any GT fans attend because
- I would go but we scheduled that 12th game ...
- too close to Christmas ...
= I would go, but since we lost on 12/2 .......

GTFLETCH

Banned
After the Mutts on 25 Nov, I would not travel to UF, but I would watch on TV... If Houston, or UTSA came to Bobby Dodd I would go!! If UF reschedules their FCS game on 12/2 like I am hearing... than it looks like are only real option is UTSA, either we travel to them or we host... No matter what, the seniors deserve a 12th games, and it is not fair to them that UCF is to scared to play us and lose their at large bid... I understand their stance, but the seniors deserve the 12th game!!

MtownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Nightmare scenario:

We end the season 5-6 and qualify for a bowl due to high APR.

Schedule 12th game. Lose 12th game. No longer bowl eligible.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Nightmare scenario:

We end the season 5-6 and qualify for a bowl due to high APR.

Schedule 12th game. Lose 12th game. No longer bowl eligible.
If we lose a 12th game then we do not deserve to go to a bowl, However we will beat VT & Duke... So it doesn't matter... What matters is the 12th game for the seniors..

Also 5-6 is going to get us to the Beef of Brady who gives a F$$$ Clown Bowl... 12th game and 7th or 8win will get us at least to the Military or Sun Bowl!!

Animal02

Banned
If we lose a 12th game then we do not deserve to go to a bowl, However we will beat VT & Duke... So it doesn't matter... What matters is the 12th game for the seniors..

Also 5-6 is going to get us to the Beef of Brady who gives a F$$$ Clown Bowl... 12th game and 7th or 8win will get us at least to the Military or Sun Bowl!!
Any bowl game gets us weeks of extra practice......priceless.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
2015 we went 3-9, no bowl and no extra practice. 2016 9-4. That extra practice sure made a difference. Oh, wait.
Bowl practices tend to be for red shirts to get reps that they don't get during the regular season. In 2015 those players that would have been redshirted actually had to play because of all of the injuries. Bowl practice reps were less necessary.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Never confuse objective facts with whining. No one wishes the results were more different than me, as a certain head coach says, "its comes down to record and you are who you are"
Well when we beat VT tomorrow you can talk about how we beat a top 25 team..all will be good and for the 12th game...it needs to get done... Stansbury first test...is he as good as we think or is he the second coming of bobble head bobinski (aka sasquatch)

Deleted member 2897

We have won three games against teams who are in one of the Power 5 conferences. The cumulative record of those three teams against Power 5 opponents is 4-17. We literally have beaten no one.

Hey negative Nelly - did you know we are playing 5 teams this year who will win 10 games? Did you know we play 3 teams ranked in the Top 10? Granted, the close losses suck, especially to Virginia - that was just a bad game. But I'm sure you realize Clemson is 8-1, Miami is 8-0, Virginia Tech is 7-2, and Georgia is 9-0. Literally 3 of our opponents have a good chance of getting into the CFP.

I mean even the teams we think are bad, like Tennessee and Virginia - they are a combined 10-8.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Hey negative Nelly - did you know we are playing 5 teams this year who will win 10 games? Did you know we play 3 teams ranked in the Top 10? Granted, the close losses suck, especially to Virginia - that was just a bad game. But I'm sure you realize Clemson is 8-1, Miami is 8-0, Virginia Tech is 7-2, and Georgia is 9-0. Literally 3 of our opponents have a good chance of getting into the CFP.

I mean even the teams we think are bad, like Tennessee and Virginia - they are a combined 10-8.

Cool. Maybe we can hang a banner that says, “we lost to three teams that made the playoff!”

Kidding aside, I get what you’re saying, but it doesn’t make it better. I also don’t like these arguments because we are part of the reason these teams have such good records. Us blowing the Virginia and Tennessee games inflates their records. Miami too...would they be ranked 7th if we win? Probably not.

This has just been an incredibly disappointing season to this point. Gotta be better than this. But I mean, there are still three games left. If we finished at 7-4 with wins over VT and uGA I think I’d be relatively satisfied given the circumstances. I just don’t have a ton of confidence that we can do that at this point.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Cool. Maybe we can hang a banner that says, “we lost to three teams that made the playoff!”

Kidding aside, I get what you’re saying, but it doesn’t make it better. I also don’t like these arguments because we are part of the reason these teams have such good records. Us blowing the Virginia and Tennessee games inflates their records. Miami too...would they be ranked 7th if we win? Probably not.

This has just been an incredibly disappointing season to this point. Gotta be better than this. But I mean, there are still three games left. If we finished at 7-4 with wins over VT and uGA I think I’d be relatively satisfied given the circumstances. I just don’t have a ton of confidence that we can do that at this point.

Correction, if we beat #1 uGA at home I’ll be extremely satisfied and will rub it in their face forever.